Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
08-19-2013, 07:47 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Bah! With Canon/Nikon, no WR at a reasonable price point, no DA15 ltd to control your mind, no DA40 to carry in your pocket. In all things there is give and take. Pick the compromise that best suits you. My K-30 and limited primes fit me perfectly, I don't care about much else, except I still need the 21. And the 43. And maybe the 31. The 77 while I'm at it.

08-19-2013, 07:52 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kozlok Quote
Bah! With Canon/Nikon, no WR at a reasonable price point,
WR at $0,002: A plastic baggy and a rubber band, which - most importantly - DOESN'T FAIL.

QuoteOriginally posted by Kozlok Quote
no DA15 ltd to control your mind,
Yes, I love the DA 15 ltd also. It's a jewel.
08-19-2013, 07:54 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Pentax hasn't done nothing, they obviously have their priorities.

Jan 2013 - MX-1
Jan 2013 - WG-3, WG-3 GPS, WG-10
Apr 2013 - Ricoh GR
Jun 2013 - Efina
Jun 2013 - Q-7
Jun 2013 - K-50, K-500

More to come ...
08-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #19
rlatjsrud

You know what? One pro photographer who used K-5 changed his camera to D600 because of worst AF of K-5. 40% of pics were miss focused. Pentax does not have a basic.

Also for lenses, Most of lenses are old lenses. No renewal lenses at all. IDK why Pentax does not think to make more lenses for us that we need?

08-19-2013, 09:40 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kobayashi.K Quote
Pentax hasn't done nothing, they obviously have their priorities.

Jan 2013 - MX-1
Jan 2013 - WG-3, WG-3 GPS, WG-10
Apr 2013 - Ricoh GR
Jun 2013 - Efina
Jun 2013 - Q-7
Jun 2013 - K-50, K-500

More to come ...
You have to wonder though... is there a dedicated DSLR lens team, or is the team busy making Q lenses, and lenses for their point and shoots.

Don't get me wrong, between new and old Sigma and Tamron, I have what I want...I'm not looking for anything personally... OK well maybe a AF version of my A*400. But with the weight difference, I probably wouldn't carry it, so realistically, not even that.
08-19-2013, 09:42 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rlatjsrud Quote
You know what? One pro photographer who used K-5 changed his camera to D600 because of worst AF of K-5. 40% of pics were miss focused. Pentax does not have a basic.
Yet he used that 'bad' AF for years. Then he switch to a consumer FF because Pentax wouldn't give him a 645D...

There's a reason he was in my ignore list for years...
08-19-2013, 09:48 AM   #22
Site Supporter

The K5 having bad AF is news to me considering I might miss focus 5% of the time. Also, my work around for low light is a bit of a cheat. I have a variable focus LED flashlight that I shine on my subject when it's really super dark, then I focus, then turn the switch to MF, and I'm done. That's when I am out and it's pitch black outside and I'm trying to do a long exposure. Sure, AF could be improved, but the same could likely be said for all AF cameras.

08-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Also for lenses, Most of lenses are old lenses. No renewal lenses at all. IDK why Pentax does not think to make more lenses for us that we need?
Personally, how many new lenses would you buy in a year? How many new(er) Pentax lenses have you bought in the past year?

For me the cost equation isn't a good one on new lenses; I prefer bottom feeding older lenses. However I am persuadable by a demonstrated ability of a new lens to autofocus more accurately and consistently -- that would be something I'd want to go for in a portrait type lens. Otherwise, once the basics are covered, apart from ego reasons, what other reason is there to churn on the lenses?
08-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #24
Banned

Well some new things in the dslr party would be great.
08-19-2013, 10:34 AM   #25
Veteran Member

He is now pulling his hair out because of oil stains on his sensor.
08-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #26
rlatjsrud

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Personally, how many new lenses would you buy in a year? How many new(er) Pentax lenses have you bought in the past year?

For me the cost equation isn't a good one on new lenses; I prefer bottom feeding older lenses. However I am persuadable by a demonstrated ability of a new lens to autofocus more accurately and consistently -- that would be something I'd want to go for in a portrait type lens. Otherwise, once the basics are covered, apart from ego reasons, what other reason is there to churn on the lenses?
Then why other companies try to renewal all lens to keep the performance? Pentax lenses are old. Also only few lenses to use.
08-19-2013, 10:49 AM   #27
Site Supporter

Then why other companies try to renewal all lens to keep the performance? Pentax lenses are old. Also only few lenses to use.
How old is old on lenses to you?
08-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobayashi.K Quote
He is now pulling his hair out because of oil stains on his sensor.
Then he purchased an older one. That problem has been resolved. And he can send it in to have it fixed. If he purchased it from a good camera store, they will give him a loner camera while he waits. I certainly did not get a loner lens when I had to send in my DA* 16-50mm to get fixed but I did get a loner camera when I sent my D600 in for a sensor cleaning.
08-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #29
Banned

Well some off them are still performing excellent, so there is not the biggest urge to renuw all off them.

Do you have Pentax equipement that you use extensively?
08-19-2013, 11:29 AM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Most of lenses are old lenses. No renewal lenses at all. IDK why Pentax does not think to make more lenses for us that we need?
I bought a $7,000 Leica M9 to use with my 40+ yr-old Leica lenses. Even lenses from the 1930s can take great pictures.