Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2013, 03:47 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yep Customer is king, but what was the "need" of the customer to shoot in FF?

08-20-2013, 03:56 AM   #47
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TomB_tx Quote
I bought a $7,000 Leica M9 to use with my 40+ yr-old Leica lenses. Even lenses from the 1930s can take great pictures.
Speaking of Leica, there is a rumour that Leica is planning a release of a new camera, rather sooner than later. Some "C Type" camera, which I cannot understand what it means at all, for the recent Leica's nomenclature is confusing and too technical to me.
Anyone knows anything more about that new camera?

Beside Pentax, Leica is the only system and camera maker that interests me. Even their latest X Vario camera, not well received among the geeky online community because of the "slow" lens and "exorbitant price" (which is still tolerable if treated as a long term investment and joy), produces absolutely stunning images at all apertures, and at usable ISO scale, which is quite high. Quality doesn't disappoint in that one and yes, even JPEGs out that camera are better than JPEGs coming from any Pentax DSLR.
08-20-2013, 04:13 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Leica have long promised a cheaper ILC, prob APS-C. Meant to be at PK2012 but got delayed.