Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2013, 03:27 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Good camera stores in Sydney

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I am heading off to Sydney in a few weeks, and because I live in the middle of no-where, I almost have no selection when it comes to buying discontinued/used lenses. So, if any of you live in Sydney, of have been to Sydney and know of a good place to buy lenses such as these, I would really appreciate some good advice. Also, any other recommendations are welcome. Cheers, Joshua!

08-23-2013, 05:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have mail ordered quite a bit of gear from Digidirect but I have not been to their store. You can find their prices on their website.

Cheap Digital Cameras, SLR Cameras & Video Cameras - Canon, Sony, Nikon, Olympus, JVC | DigiDIRECT Australia
75 King St. Sydney NSW 2000
Level 1, Shop 1044, Bondi Junction

Also before you go to Sydney check the prices on
www.pentax.com.au and
dcxpert items - Get great deals on Digital SLR Backpacks, Digital SLR Messenger packs items on eBay Stores!

I believe both sites are part of CR Kennedy providing people an alternative to the grey market. I have purchased from both and also had good service.
08-23-2013, 05:42 AM   #3
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Joshua

Digital camera warehouse is always a reference for pricing of new materials.

I also bought (online) my K-01 from:
digiDIRECT Australia
75 King Street, Sydney NSW 2000

I was happy with the service and the price. They are also legitimate Pentax seller in Australia

I also used (online) CR Kennedy (based in Melbourne):
* They are the official Pentax distributor
* They trade also as DCXpert ebay shop - ("DCXpert ebay shop" entered as a Google search should get them).
They have some good price every so often and offer a great service.

Hope that the info may assist.

PS: Bob, you beat me on the line....
08-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Have a look in FotoRiesel | Sydneys Best Camera Store on Kent Street they do occassionally have some second hand Pentax stuff otherwise just a cool place to check out

Last edited by Mike L; 08-26-2013 at 05:44 PM.
08-25-2013, 10:57 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hcc Quote
PS: Bob, you beat me on the line....
Always good to have a couple of opinions/experiences that match. Hate to lead someone up the garden path.
08-26-2013, 05:07 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Digital Camera Warehouse often have a TON of gear on hand of all sorts, which includes Pentax stuff, so they are always worth a visit for a look around. They have pretty good prices and decent service too.