Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-01-2013, 07:14 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Fantastic work Apapukas! I have my first wedding shoot coming up and am wondering if there were any particular things that you learnt from your experience? Did you have a second shooter, if not how did you plan out getting the key shots?

Thanks.

11-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by noVICE Quote
Fantastic work Apapukas! I have my first wedding shoot coming up and am wondering if there were any particular things that you learnt from your experience? Did you have a second shooter, if not how did you plan out getting the key shots?

Thanks.
Thank you noVICE!

The main thing I learned is - weddings are a chaos You really cannot plan much, instead you have to adapt to the situation and make the best of it. So, you really have to stay in control or make an impression that you are Because if the guests or the bride and groom notice that you are not in control they will freak out. It is human to under/over expose in the heat of the moment sometimes, BUT you really cannot let anyone notice that you didn't get the shot right. You must look completely confident and positive so you can make people feel comfortable and relaxed Just keep saying that everything is awesome (even if it isn't ).

I was the only shooter. I didn't plan anything (because you can't), I just had a great breakfast and tried to be always on the move (so I don't miss anything)

Also, tell the bride that you are the photographer, not her uncle, brother, grandmother and etc and that you don't want people getting in your way and flashing with their compacts (or any other kind of camera).
And don't rush with post-processing, take your time.
11-01-2013, 03:01 PM   #18
Pentaxian

I really like your photo's. The perspective, the angle...very refreshing from the usual...same old...stuff I usually see for weddings.

The clarity and the wedding scenes you have captured are wonderful. Much better than I've seen and the quality is easily the equal of full frame of Canikon.

The two lens and the one body...choice was right...but as you say...a wedding photographer needs to know how to use them.
11-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have nothing to add in regards to the photos, they were just fantastic!

Do you think that maybe dual wielding to be an option? since you had 2 lenses. This would bring that extra bonus of not having to change lenses all the time, and it would give you the assurance you have a backup should something go wrong?

11-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #20
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
I really like your photo's. The perspective, the angle...very refreshing from the usual...same old...stuff I usually see for weddings.

The clarity and the wedding scenes you have captured are wonderful. Much better than I've seen and the quality is easily the equal of full frame of Canikon.

The two lens and the one body...choice was right...but as you say...a wedding photographer needs to know how to use them.
Thank you!

QuoteOriginally posted by Chaos_Realm Quote
I have nothing to add in regards to the photos, they were just fantastic!

Do you think that maybe dual wielding to be an option? since you had 2 lenses. This would bring that extra bonus of not having to change lenses all the time, and it would give you the assurance you have a backup should something go wrong?
I absolutely agree with you about a second body.
And actually for that reason I bought K-01 when it was super cheap. Even though, a few weeks before this wedding it was stolen So, I had no choice how to make the best of what I have.

Last edited by Apapukas; 11-01-2013 at 04:02 PM.
11-01-2013, 10:40 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Fantastic! great Job!
11-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #22
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Those shots look great! We would love to see a more complete set, like a link to a gallery, if possible.

It's a fantastic example of what's possible with only 2 primes and sub-$1000 camera.

This is exactly what I would like to see more of on this forum. Technique over technology. Way to go.

11-04-2013, 04:39 PM   #23
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Buceemie Quote
Those shots look great! We would love to see a more complete set, like a link to a gallery, if possible.

It's a fantastic example of what's possible with only 2 primes and sub-$1000 camera.

This is exactly what I would like to see more of on this forum. Technique over technology. Way to go.
Thank you, Buceemie Here is a link to the complete set (53 photos) I&G - a set on Flickr

And I completely agree, there should be less talk about ISO's, shutter speeds, FPS etc and more about photography but that is common problem found on probably all photography related forums
11-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #24
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I cannot get over how good these are.
11-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Apapukas Quote
And I completely agree, there should be less talk about ISO's, shutter speeds, FPS etc and more about photography but that is common problem found on probably all photography related forums
It's easier to buy into the thought of better specs = better photos, rather than to actually use the brain and be creative, open minded and to be aware of whats actually going on in front of the lens, even in the out of focus or "not interested" areas. no, that takes too long and ego's can get hurt.

I'd love to have a FF body though :P

I looked at all of the photos. Once again, great job. Looks like you had fun too.
01-29-2014, 02:20 PM   #26
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Updated!
Check page 1.