Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2013, 03:13 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Sad post

Hi

Wanted to share something very evident and sad that I read today. Although an old news for most of the photographers. I kind of agreed to what he has to say.

https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20130829065932-145305751-photogr...gain-and-again

Cheers!

08-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think the P&S market will disappear, but hobbiests will migrate from cell phone cameras to something with interchangeable lenses. But yes, the market will greatly change, perhaps even more profoundly than the change from film to sensors. Fewer surviors, since the P&S market DOES help support the current manufacturers.
Interesting issue, though.
08-30-2013, 05:14 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like Instagram and check it often and use it occasionally.
However, I blame it for the deterioration of my eyesight...tiny photos with eye-straingly good detail, some uploaded from DSLR's
Therefore, the real business to be in in the future is surely optics.
Pentax already has its foot in that door and my glasses are from Specsavers who use Pentax lenses.

Phones will continue to push the market with camera capabilities, but are still limited and with poor batteries.
Handy, but limited; enough for most.
08-30-2013, 06:18 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If you can't see the difference between cell phone photos and an SLR photo, then you might as well use the phone camera. But to me, the difference is huge and I can't post photos from my i phone when I see such big deficiencies in them. I am pretty compulsive about taking an SLR everywhere I go, though.

Anyway, I see the market polarizing between SLRs (bigger sensors) and cell phone cams and little in between.