Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax registration vs Nikon

I have occasion to register 2 new Pentax purchases, and on Nikon.

I find the Pentax registration page, and the feedback is minimal on the page, and no confirmation email is forthcoming.
Nikon, by contrast, puts the product in my 'bag' and sends a confirmation email and links to further web content.

1) Is this what others find with Pentax
2) why not be a bit more interactive -- send an email, send us to more product support or extension...

As it is, Nikon got me to go buy a flash (though I bought it used), while Pentax didn't do anything.

09-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Registration for what? Warranty?

I did not know Pentax even had a registration page. Last time I bought something new they said just keep the receipts for proof of purchase date in case of warranty repair.

I agree this is a missed opportunity to build customer loyalty and maybe even sell something. One more thing to add to Pentax USA's to do list........
09-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Agreed with jatrax... Where did you register?
09-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In Australia, one registers on the Pentax Australia website under the Support tab

https://www.crkennedy.com.au/pentax/index.php?q=node/118

09-04-2013, 07:06 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Yes, registration for you know, support and what not. Funny, I can't find the page this morning, there are many variations of pentax/ricoh pages out there...