Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
09-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When is the next possible Big Announcement date?

Alright, so that Theta announcement was a little underwhelming, IMHO... Anyone care to tell me when is (or are) the next possible Big Date(s) - this calendar year! - where Pentax might announce new (APS-C and/or FF) camera(s)? I want to know when I should start paying attention to this section of the forum again, rather than continuously witnessing all the vitriol flying around.

09-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #2

Very soon ... maybe

09-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
Alright, so that Theta announcement was a little underwhelming, IMHO... Anyone care to tell me when is (or are) the next possible Big Date(s) - this calendar year! - where Pentax might announce new (APS-C and/or FF) camera(s)? I want to know when I should start paying attention to this section of the forum again, rather than continuously witnessing all the vitriol flying around.
I think Pentax may have misinterpreted "full frame" and gave us the Theta instead. But they still owe the enthusiasts a high-end APS-C body to catch up to the D7100, etc. Hopefully it'll be out within a month!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-11-2013, 09:27 AM - 2 Likes   #4
Inactive Account

I suggest just keeping calm and taking pictures

When Ricoh will finally announce the new big thing (which nobody knows when), I am pretty sure it will be all over the forum

09-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Well, obviously we don't exactly know - though Adam's "hopefully [...] within a month" certainly is encouraging. I guess what I mean is: when are the next Big-Huge-Photo-Events between now and the end of the year? Though they could announce at any time, that's when an announcement is most likely, right?
09-11-2013, 10:20 AM - 1 Like   #6

Maybe Photo exhibition in St. Petersburg (Russia) in October. Pentax distributor will take a part.
09-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
certainly within a year... or two...

09-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
All Ricoh Imaging announcements since the Pentax takeover have been very underwhelming. It may just be the style of the new boss.
09-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Apapukas Quote
Wise words
09-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #10
Veteran Member

09-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You are so sensible I don't think I can handle it.

They will announce it (what ever it is) when I have gone bush at the end of this month. I have saved up for the new models (APC and FF), but will still need to wait who knows how long for it to be available. I am not taking any bets on a FF.
09-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I spoke personally to a Pentax sales rep back in June I think it was and he said that I would be VERY HAPPY this fall. Fall here starts after the 3rd week of Sept and last until after the 3rd week of Dec.....He did have all his fingers crossed at the time which I thought was odd..
09-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks to VladimirYo for being the only one to make a concrete suggestion so far... (Not that I don't appreciate all the snide humor.)
09-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Paris? Nov. 14 - 17, 2013
New York Photoplus? Expo: Oct 24 - 26
09-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ricoh has rather quietly announced something new about once a month all year.

Now it also seems the volume is ramping up
  • Pop Photo Print ad
  • DA Limited revamp
  • Theta
  • Website image story (lenses)
  • 5 key characteristics
  • Dealer Demonstrators (1st "pre-game" practice in Nebraska real soon).
Seems to me this is very un-Pentax-like.