Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
You didn't, as it is neither news nor rumor; just another "Farewell, goodbye, I'm leaving Pentax." thread.
Moved from News and Rumors to General Photography and Industry.
That is not the case at all, I would very much like to stay with Pentax, and may be for a while yet. If you are so world weary then try taking a break from it.

10-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #17
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by justinr Quote
If you are so world weary then try taking a break from it.
Nope, not world weary...............................
10-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Whoa! This thread is on fire! :-P
10-04-2013, 09:27 AM - 1 Like   #19
Inactive Account

Quite so, but I have a certain amount invested in Pentax and it seems that I am going to have to throw that away along with any notion I had of sticking with a brand I had come to like for its colours, low light level performance and compactness.

I, in turn, am rather puzzled as to why you should accuse me of self aggrandisement, This is a Pentax forum where Pentax enthusiasts come to talk about the cameras. My post is an expression of leaving the general community of Pentax users in sorrow, but I guess there is a cultural divide somewhere here and you obviously think otherwise. Anyway, Isn't such a denouncement an expression of self importance itself?
I respect the freedom of speech, even though, I believe that if you dare to disturb the silence, your words should be worthy.

This forum is so great because a lot of people come here to give and share. What do you give by spreading all this negativity? You are not telling anything that everyone already know.

I believe that there are things a person should keep to himself.

10-04-2013, 09:28 AM - 1 Like   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Troll is a grossly overused word in the online world, indicative of the users prejudices and own personal agenda as much of the victims intentions, I tend to ignore it nowdays.

Anyway, I will admit to not realising that the release of the K3 is imminent, but when exactly?
The supposed date is Oct 8 or Oct 10 - there are several threads in the New and Rumours section that state this, so I assumed that, since you were posting in that place, you would at least have read the expectations of the upcoming camera. So wait a week, and if you don't like what you see, go for that D800 or 5D MkIII...
10-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BirdDude007 Quote
OP may just be onto something, I myself have always been a diehard fen of Pentax, but I too have noticed that Pentax really aint going nowhere, for all we know these new cameras are just rebranded Ricohs. However I will most likely never get rid of my Pentax gear, I really enjoy using my K-5 and my K-X, but I am starting to look into the Nikon world for my full frame interests.
It is rather disheartening going into any camera store and seeing nothing Pentax, if I want a Pentax anything, I most likely will have to order it online sight unseen, I cannot do that any longer.
Pentax had their moment in the sun, now it is time for others who are willing to step up to the plate and take over the camera world.
When it comes to APSC nothing beats a Pentax and that is why I will be keeping all my APSC equipment in Pentax as long as they are in business, but it is looking more and more like I will be using a two system approach when I start using FF, Ya Pentax just might come out with a FF, but I really dont see them doing anything good with it, they need customer support, marketing, and advertising. Canikon companies now have experience developing, designing, and manufacturing FFs, common sense tells me to go with one of them especially if your work becomes professional level.
I'm not bashing Pentax, I'm just stating the obvious, I have used Pentax all my life but even a die hard user has to know when to throw in the towel and move on.
I refuse to go Canon, but have used Nikon in the past and have been happy with the results, if I have to, I WILL go Nikon, but that is a ways down the road because I dont see the need to go FF just yet, gotta work on my skilzs first.

That sir, is the most wonderful summary of exactly how I see it.

Thank you for making my day.
10-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Apapukas Quote
I respect the freedom of speech, even though, I believe that if you dare to disturb the silence, your words should be worthy.

This forum is so great because a lot of people come here to give and share. What do you give by spreading all this negativity? You are not telling anything that everyone already know.

I believe that there are things a person should keep to himself.
Careful you don't trip over, that's a rather deep tint of rose you appear to be wearing in your glasses.

10-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #23
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gbeaton Quote
Whoa! This thread is on fire! :-P
I would say ashes at this point.

Closed
Closed Thread