Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dcBear78 Quote
I was happy with the way mine turned out even though I missed a few shots I wanted.
Hard part of a wedding is not getting good pictures, if you can do that anyway you have that covered. The hard part is getting into the flow of the action and being in the right place at the right time, with the right lens on. It takes experience, or a good mentor, to learn where you have to be. You have to be thinking ahead, and totally be in the mindset of "go to point A, shoot, then quickly move to point B to get ready for the next shot". The second you stop to observe the wedding itself, you are lost. You have to be one step ahead all the time. Which is why it is not a good idea to shoot a wedding if you care about the event and want to watch.

I intentionally did not even take a camera to my son's wedding because I wanted to enjoy the wedding not the photography.

10-07-2013, 03:46 AM   #17
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dcBear78 Quote

I had help from a friend as a 2nd. She turns up with a canikon full frame camera, straps, belt and bags. She looked the part, and everyone thought she was the real photographer. Which is the OP's point.

And her photos were pretty average.
You mean to say the FF camera didn't help her get great images?!?

For all intensive purposes, a K-5 classic or II does remarkably well in the wedding setting and the only area I'd say that needs tweaking to perfect the tool for that application is P-TTL. Hopefully with the FGZ II series, this has been achieved.
10-07-2013, 09:11 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Anyone considering becoming a wedding photographer needs to consult a mental health professional IMMEDIATELY!

LOL

Last edited by MRRiley; 10-07-2013 at 09:31 AM.
10-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #19
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Anyone considering becoming a wedding photographer needs to consult a mental health professional IMMEDIATELY!
and i was just considering becoming one...

10-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #20
Forum Member

Over 10 or so weddings we've done I've been asked what we shoot with a grand total of three times that I remember. One was by a groom who just happened to be a hobbyist photog himself. He was a Canon shooter and commented multiple times about how quiet our cameras were. The second time was by a bridesmaids who was enrolled in an art college photography program. She seemed quite dumbfounded to hear something other than Canon or Nikon.

The third time was someone making conversation. I believe he replied with something along the lines of "I just have a [insert brand name here], I don't know nothin' 'bout no Pentax", in the context of it being something exotic.

Quite honestly I've found that a gripped K-5 with a DA* lens and flash attached appears quite significant (read: expensive) to the casual observer.