Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Photo Plus Expo

Has anyone heard if Pentax will be at the Photo Plus Expo in New York at the end of this month? They are not showing on the exhibitors list. It seems odd that with the launch of the new K-3 that they wouldn't be there to show off the new Flagship.

10-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by eccs19 Quote
Has anyone heard if Pentax will be at the Photo Plus Expo in New York at the end of this month? They are not showing on the exhibitors list. It seems odd that with the launch of the new K-3 that they wouldn't be there to show off the new Flagship.
Pentax will NOT be there. We will, however

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Pentax will NOT be there. We will, however
And who is "we"? Is there a booth, or just a gathering? I suppose there is a thread about it, and I just didn't see it? lol
10-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sounds like PF are taking steps to become Pentaxs' marketing department and will be putting a booth in there..

Atleast that is what i derive from "we" Lol.

10-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Chaos_Realm Quote
Sounds like PF are taking steps to become Pentaxs' marketing department and will be putting a booth in there..

Atleast that is what i derive from "we" Lol.
No, we won't have a booth. Just going to be reporting on what's at the show Probably mostly Nikon/Sony news though

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No, we won't have a booth. Just going to be reporting on what's at the show Probably mostly Nikon/Sony news though
Oh. Pity.
A lot of the pre-reviews on the k-3 seem to be generating a bit of excitment, pentax should be capitalising on this and getting a demo-version out there and in the public eye.
10-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Oh. Pity.
A lot of the pre-reviews on the k-3 seem to be generating a bit of excitment, pentax should be capitalising on this and getting a demo-version out there and in the public eye.
Don't ask me why they won't be there. But it could well be a financial thing- the money might be better-spent on other types of PR/advertising.

Adam

10-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don't ask me why they won't be there. But it could well be a financial thing- the money might be better-spent on other types of PR/advertising.
Advertising isn't a strong point of pentax in recent years. Hopefully they are finding better ways to spend their budget and have a strategy that will get the company some of the recognition it deserves.

I guess we will have to sit tight and see how it pans out.

10-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Advertising isn't a strong point of pentax in recent years. Hopefully they are finding better ways to spend their budget and have a strategy that will get the company some of the recognition it deserves.

I guess we will have to sit tight and see how it pans out.
They've been running a ton of google ads, and those aren't cheap. Have you see the K-50 and Q7 banners on our site? They pop up from time to time.

Adam

10-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They've been running a ton of google ads, and those aren't cheap. Have you see the K-50 and Q7 banners on our site? They pop up from time to time.
To be honest i have not noticed them, but then again I haven't really been looking for them. Good to hear they are doing something though!