Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Nikon has one retro feature that Pentax should borrow: it can use pre-Ai lenses. I don't know what that means in Nikon terms but Pentax could do something similar.

Retro is kind of a trap. Where do you stop, and is it just a gimmick?

Removing video would appeal to some. I have no objection to having video but have absolutely no video talent.

11-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I may be in the minority, but I prefer the tactile experience of shooting with my k1000 and my ZX-5n to my K20D and my k-x.
11-06-2013, 02:08 PM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
The Nikon has one retro feature that Pentax should borrow: it can use pre-Ai lenses. I don't know what that means in Nikon terms but Pentax could do something similar.
There are no "pre-AI" Pentax lenses. There are the K/M lenses, which can be used in an easier way than pre-AI on the Df, and you don't have to pay $3000 for that.
You are asking for Pentax to make using K/M lenses harder.
11-06-2013, 02:13 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I wonder if in 30 years Nikon will issue a "retro" camera looking a bit like the D800, but without the holographic field focussing 3D image engine?

Apparently, according to Thom Hogan, pre-orders for the Df are above those of the D600 when it was first announced, so it must appeal to someone.

11-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by feishui Quote
pentex doesn't have in-lens stable system, so in-camera stable system is a must. However to move a full-frame sensor around is not a small deal. It has never been tested by the market and it could be super expensive, and can make the camera very thick, heavy, and vulnerable, and there won't be any profit. So why would pentax bother to make such a full frame camera?
Maybe their engineers have figured out something you and I don't know yet. WOTS is we'll know the answer to your question in about a year.
11-06-2013, 04:49 PM   #36
Pentaxian

The next post to the one you quoted mentioned the A99 - a "full frame" camera with in-body stabilization. The third such model made by Sony, actually, because A900 and A850 also had in-body stabilization.

Sony did it, yet for Pentax somehow it's supposed to be impossible and "never been tested by the market"