Not sure this will have effect... 313.64%
Who cares? 1150.00%
I like the new layout 731.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TenZ.NL Quote
That is my problem too, I`m a paying costumer so why do I have to beta-test something that isn`t even complete?
You don't. It's optional, and not even turned on by default.

Beta tests can make or break an application. End users are FAR better at finding bugs because they reveal unanticipated use patterns and configurations. I'd much rather have an opt-in beta test than have them release a new version blind.

12-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by NicoleC Quote
I'd much rather have an opt-in beta test than have them release a new version blind.
Like they did this spring.
12-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NicoleC Quote
You don't. It's optional, and not even turned on by default.

Beta tests can make or break an application. End users are FAR better at finding bugs because they reveal unanticipated use patterns and configurations. I'd much rather have an opt-in beta test than have them release a new version blind.
At first yes but last week not, I had to change my default language to German to get rid of the beta.
12-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TenZ.NL Quote
At first yes but last week not, I had to change my default language to German to get rid of the beta.
This week it is back to being optional.

12-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
This week it is back to being optional.
Thanks, just switched back. I do understand German but my English is way better
04-20-2014, 10:34 AM   #21
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
I do not like the "new" flickr.

I want the previous version back.

It worked just fine.

Why is it people can't leave well enough alone? You have something that works just fine, and then screw it up and replace it with something that is buggy and unfamiliar, has great and commonly used features either moved to some obscure location or removed completely.

Why?

When uploading more than a couple photos I cannot edit more than the ones that are on the screen, the page will not scroll to the ones that do not show.

They changed the name of things, like "Sets" are now "Albums".

The bar on the right side of a picture has lots of stuff, none of which has a tool tip when you hover over it, so the only way to find out what each one does is to click on it. Then if you happen to click on something you didn't want to, good luck undoing your error.

And if you want to add a picture to a set, er, an album, and click on that particular icon, the overlay window that opens up is larger than the browser window, cannot be moved or resized, and is totally useless. Um, and pressing the esc key does nothing, you have to actually click the back button. Sometimes that does not work, so then the browser window needs to be closed and then opened again, and then on ewill need to navigate back to Flickr once again.

Why is it the people who put this stuff up for us to use fail to grasp these issues?
04-24-2014, 09:26 AM   #22
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I do not like the "new" flickr.

I want the previous version back.

It worked just fine.

Why is it people can't leave well enough alone? You have something that works just fine, and then screw it up and replace it with something that is buggy and unfamiliar, has great and commonly used features either moved to some obscure location or removed completely.

Why?

When uploading more than a couple photos I cannot edit more than the ones that are on the screen, the page will not scroll to the ones that do not show.

The bar on the right side of a picture has lots of stuff, none of which has a tool tip when you hover over it, so the only way to find out what each one does is to click on it. Then if you happen to click on something you didn't want to, good luck undoing your error.

And if you want to add a picture to a set, er, an album, and click on that particular icon, the overlay window that opens up is larger than the browser window, cannot be moved or resized, and is totally useless. Um, and pressing the esc key does nothing, you have to actually click the back button. Sometimes that does not work, so then the browser window needs to be closed and then opened again, and then on ewill need to navigate back to Flickr once again.

Why is it the people who put this stuff up for us to use fail to grasp these issues?
I'm with you on this. It took me 10 minutes today to figure out how to get to my full size images where it use to be obvious.

04-24-2014, 09:35 AM   #23
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Thanks for that. I uploaded two photos last night and wanted them in Sets, but, no Sets showing. Now thanks to you, Racer, I know where to put them. I haven't explored the new changes so not sure what else changed, but after reading your post, i'm sure I'm not liking what they have changed this time. I'm a paying customer too and wonder the same as you, why not just leave it as it was, it worked there for the old saying goes, in my computer world, if it works, no need to fix it."
04-24-2014, 10:36 AM   #24
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by sadatoni Quote
I'm with you on this. It took me 10 minutes today to figure out how to get to my full size images where it use to be obvious.
For sure. It seems as though they are trying to create confusion through subterfuge.

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I'm a paying customer too and wonder the same as you, why not just leave it as it was, it worked there for the old saying goes, in my computer world, if it works, no need to fix it."
Or, as Tim the Toolman Taylor always said, "If it isn't broke, it can probably still be fixed."
04-24-2014, 11:45 AM   #25
Veteran Member

The reality is if they don't keep things fresh and keep adding features, they won't attract new users. No new users, no more service for the new ones or the old ones. There are always users that will protest any change, no matter how minor, so they are going to look at usage and uptake figures, not protests. They did listen to the beta feedback and tweaked a lot of things before rolling out the final.

Incremental changes, which users accept more readily, don't generate press and buzz. As a developer I always pushed for incremental, but marketing always wanted NEW VERSION BLAH BLAH to promote. Marketing usually wins.

"If it ain't broke" is only true to a point. Neon blue web pages with multi-colored fonts, auto-play midis and a Scottie dog running back and forth across the screen were once all the rage among certain circles. Although they conveyed text just fine, nobody wants to look at them anymore and will hit the nearest competitor's site instead.
04-24-2014, 08:25 PM   #26
Veteran Member

I quite like it.