Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2014, 10:09 PM   #1
Forum Member

U.S. Pentax Retailers - How to find them?

Hi All,
Hoping this thread gets maximum coverage. I am looking at the K3 and would like to support my local camera store (San Francisco Bay Area). The Ricoh-Pentax site reseller locator does not work. Any ideas? Zip code 94306. Thanks!

01-10-2014, 10:14 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by loganross Quote
Hi All,
Hoping this thread gets maximum coverage. I am looking at the K3 and would like to support my local camera store (San Francisco Bay Area). The Ricoh-Pentax site reseller locator does not work. Any ideas? Zip code 94306. Thanks!
There probably aren't any, but I'm not too familiar with the area so I can't say for sure. Wrong section, BTW.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-10-2014, 10:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member

You could try googling camera stores in your area and checking out their website to see if they mention carrying the Pentax brand or if they have Pentax products for sale online. If not, you can call them to double-check.
01-10-2014, 10:37 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Supporting local retailers is laudable. Unfortunately, they don't support us, for the most part. You'll probably be better off just ordering from B&H or Adorama.

01-10-2014, 10:48 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by abmj Quote
Supporting local retailers is laudable. Unfortunately, they don't support us, for the most part.
Hello loganross,
As you're finding out, the above quote is true, for a number of reasons. If you can't find a local retailer, buying from the two main online sellers (B+H + Adorama) is probably the next-best option. Hopefully Ricoh is working to fix this problem, but it's been around for years and isn't going to change overnight.
However, none of that changes the quality of Pentax camera gear, just makes it harder to obtain!
Ron
01-10-2014, 11:02 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Samy's Camera - Photography, Digital Cameras, Video, Audio
Their website shows they sell Pentax and they have an S.F. store.......
01-11-2014, 12:18 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Shutterbug Camera in Santa Rosa has Pentax equipment and ... a K3.

01-11-2014, 01:03 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Or save your sales tax $$, make a trip north and buy it in Portland! Camera World is stocking the k3 and k50 - wish more stores would stock more pentax. Camera World has been good to work with in terms of price matching also. So if you have some friends up here maybe that's an option.
01-11-2014, 01:25 PM   #9
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank you very much everyone. I am trying to decide what to do. The K5 and the K3 are so refines. However, I print big and I am also considering fullframe. I will check out the local stores.
01-11-2014, 01:29 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Divining rod, but I expect it'd pull you all the way to New York City.

Seriously though - only way is to call around, but you'd be hard pressed to find a shop that had a top tier camera like K-3 or K-5.
01-11-2014, 04:26 PM   #11
Forum Member

Original Poster
No luck and the Brick and Mortar's. I just am not sure what to do. I really want an opportunity to test it before jumping in. Thanks again for your help.