Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
02-04-2015, 05:09 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
The K-3 has been superb. Not quite the same level as im used to with FF, but way better then what you expect from an aps-c my support from Pentax has been suberb! They are always there and helps me with everything. I have told my representatives that professional support will be crucial, especially if they want to tempt more pro's to come over to Pentax. I am confident they have everything under control. Pentax have a lot of new faces in charge centrally, one of them is from Sony..So they are very serious now
Again, great to hear. Hopefully the upcoming lenses and cameras bring more into the fold!

07-17-2015, 05:32 PM   #47

A Different Approach

This thread has been very interesting; ironically, Coventry City Football Club is just down the road from me, although I don't think Ricoh are to be blame, it is the club's owners, SISU, that are the issue!

Regardless, I'm not a pro photographer, nor do I aspire to be. I am a photography enthusiast, but I offer something quite different in return for Ricoh. I ran a small ecological expedition to Malaysia last year, using low-end Panasonic Lumix M4/3 cameras to cover the species sighted, the habitat and natural environment and so on. I am a huge fan of Pentax offerings for a number of years now, and I think the K3 /K3 II would be a perfect fit- even the cheaper bodies could work.

In the UK, Pentax are marketing themselves heavily as an outdoors brand; weather-sealing, tough camera bodies and excellent performance, something that no other company offers at the present. I'm looking at running a second expedition to Malaysia in the Summer of 2016 to carry out further research, with a much greater scope and with governmental approval and involvement with Malay universities as well as my own UK institution. I should be able to secure a number of grants for this exploit too.

Another student at my university was able to get sponsorship from Sony for a Wildlife project in Malawi, and I wonder if Pentax- given how well this project suits their current marketing, might be interested in my proposal?
Does anyone think it is worth writing to them? (Provided all goes ahead of course, plenty of bureaucracy to work through first).
07-17-2015, 07:07 PM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by billy.burton Quote
This thread has been very interesting; ironically, Coventry City Football Club is just down the road from me, although I don't think Ricoh are to be blame, it is the club's owners, SISU, that are the issue!

Regardless, I'm not a pro photographer, nor do I aspire to be. I am a photography enthusiast, but I offer something quite different in return for Ricoh. I ran a small ecological expedition to Malaysia last year, using low-end Panasonic Lumix M4/3 cameras to cover the species sighted, the habitat and natural environment and so on. I am a huge fan of Pentax offerings for a number of years now, and I think the K3 /K3 II would be a perfect fit- even the cheaper bodies could work.

In the UK, Pentax are marketing themselves heavily as an outdoors brand; weather-sealing, tough camera bodies and excellent performance, something that no other company offers at the present. I'm looking at running a second expedition to Malaysia in the Summer of 2016 to carry out further research, with a much greater scope and with governmental approval and involvement with Malay universities as well as my own UK institution. I should be able to secure a number of grants for this exploit too.

Another student at my university was able to get sponsorship from Sony for a Wildlife project in Malawi, and I wonder if Pentax- given how well this project suits their current marketing, might be interested in my proposal?
Does anyone think it is worth writing to them? (Provided all goes ahead of course, plenty of bureaucracy to work through first).
I certainly think it is worth contacting Ricoh to ask about their collaboration. I have put in motion a plan for my college to collaborate with Ricoh, but it is in the incipient stages and may or may not come to fruition. Our Ricoh rep (for our campus copiers) was very enthusiastic about the idea and said he would help shepherd the idea in the company. We'll see what if anything happens, but it at least suggests that Ricoh might be open to interesting and mutually beneficial collaborations. Let's keep our fingers crossed....
07-19-2015, 03:42 AM   #49
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
although in 1970's it was a norm
Well he never mentioned it here.