Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-12-2014, 03:09 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Want to get paid to review cameras?

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you all know that Reviewed.com (a division of USA Today) is currently hiring several staff writers—and at least one of those positions will be a camera reviewer. The company is based in Boston (Cambridge, actually), and this position does require that you come into the office most days.

I'm currently the news & features editor there, but I started as a camera reviewer (after doing freelance work for digitalcamera-hq.com and here at pentaxforums.com). You can see a few of my reviews here:

Ricoh GR Digital Camera Review - Reviewed.com Cameras
Nikon Coolpix A Digital Camera Review - Reviewed.com Cameras
Canon PowerShot G16 Digital Camera Review - Reviewed.com Cameras

It's a great place to work, and our camera coverage is (I think) improving all the time. We lab-test every camera (and everything else we test) with a rigorous rubric, in addition to field shooting time. Staff writers also get to go to industry events and trade shows, which can be a lot of fun (and work).

If you're a good writer, passionate about photography, and live in the Boston area, you might think about applying: Staff Writer / Reviewer in Growing Tech Company

(We're also hiring for other categories, so if you have a general interest in tech or appliances, that's great.)

Thanks!

04-13-2014, 05:12 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wish I lived up there...sounds like a good opportunity.
04-14-2014, 01:48 PM   #3
Veteran Member

if it paid enough I'd move to boston...lol

i'm a technical writer 45hrs a week, photographer the other 123...