Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2014, 09:54 AM   #31

I recently attend a science/technology conference at the Washington, DC, conference center. What was most interesting to me was the plethora of 3d printers being shown and sold. The have come way down in price and are much better then a few years ago.

That made me think soon we won't need parts simply the graphics file for the particular part you need. Most of us will have or have a friend tha has a printer and we will just down load the file or app for 0.99 cents from iTunes and print the part.

05-21-2014, 10:36 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by borisv6971 Quote
Hi,
I am new here so if this has been posted I am sorry but I need to VENT!!
I just went to order parts for my K200D today, 4-17-2014, and was informed as of April 1, 2014 they do not sell parts to individuals anymore due to a policy change from RICOH.
This just makes me BEYOND ANGRY!!!!!!! I have owned Pentax for over 25 years and love the cameras but this makes me stop and rethink everything. If this type of thing continues I will sell all my equipment and never buy Pentax again. I was extremely angry when I heard RICOH bought Pentax in the first place because I knew what was coming. Ricoh has not made even an average camera in a VERY long time and now they are going to butcher Pentax. I would like to hear your thoughts.
QuoteOriginally posted by borisv6971 Quote
#1 Pentax is not selling parts to anyone except camera repair centers.
Ahh, incorrect.

This is the result of a trivial Google search - 'Pentax Camera Parts' Mike's Camera. This is the third (at least) post on this subject. They all come down to - Pentax is a Distributor. A Distributor should spend its time finding Dealers and developing the brand.

Dealers sell parts. Apparently Mike's gets the message. If your Dealer doesn't (my local Dealer gets it) don't blame Lynn or Jim.