Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-17-2014, 08:23 AM   #1

Ricoh stops parts sales to individuals

Hi,
I am new here so if this has been posted I am sorry but I need to VENT!!
I just went to order parts for my K200D today, 4-17-2014, and was informed as of April 1, 2014 they do not sell parts to individuals anymore due to a policy change from RICOH.
This just makes me BEYOND ANGRY!!!!!!! I have owned Pentax for over 25 years and love the cameras but this makes me stop and rethink everything. If this type of thing continues I will sell all my equipment and never buy Pentax again. I was extremely angry when I heard RICOH bought Pentax in the first place because I knew what was coming. Ricoh has not made even an average camera in a VERY long time and now they are going to butcher Pentax. I would like to hear your thoughts.

04-17-2014, 08:34 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Apparently parts sales will be handled by Cris Camera the US repair center. Still seems to be some confusion on the policy change though.

As to Ricoh you are entitled to your opinion but I think you are off base. Most feel the Ricoh purchase was the best thing to happen to Pentax.

I think quite a few would disagree about the quality of Ricoh cameras as well.
04-17-2014, 08:39 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
boriscleto'd ®
04-17-2014, 08:43 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
boriscleto'd ®
That's all we need to know, say, or do....

Or; huh?

04-17-2014, 08:45 AM   #5
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

OP, I see this is your first and, at this point, only post here. If you joined the forum to participate, learn, teach, and socialize; welcome!
If your only purpose for joining was to berate and complain about the brand, you may find that your time would be better spent, and your presence more welcome, elsewhere.

Last edited by Parallax; 04-17-2014 at 08:51 AM.
04-17-2014, 08:47 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I am not sure about the policy for selling parts to individuals, but you can certainly buy it through your local Pentax distributors (for example, in Canada, I can contact the Pentax repair centre for the parts). I really don't see any big issues with it.
04-17-2014, 08:48 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/120-general-technical-troubleshooting/256...g-problem.html

04-17-2014, 08:59 AM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
That's all we need to know, say, or do....

Or; huh?
Monochrome came up with the term. It means 'added to ignore list'.
04-17-2014, 09:19 AM   #9
Pentaxian

My local camera repair shop is complaining about this similar thing too. He can no longer get parts to repair Nikon cameras because Nikon also stopped selling parts to independent repair shops. I will ask if Pentax is doing the same to him too. Is this the wave of the future?
04-17-2014, 09:35 AM   #10

Original Poster
I have spent hours calling Pentax retailers and repair shops that are listed online and the ones I have worked with and none of them sell parts. I have not called CHRIS Camera recently because I have had issues in the past with repairs they did in the past but the last time I did talk to them they did not sell parts, maybe that has changed. As far a Ricoh cameras, I have yet to see any of their cameras that can come pair to the quality of Pentax, Canon and Nikon SLRs but that is just my opinion. I am curious as to what everyone thinks that Ricoh can bring to Pentax that would make Pentax better.
04-17-2014, 09:38 AM   #11
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

See here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/239325-why-i-wont-buy-k3.html

Last edited by Parallax; 04-17-2014 at 09:45 AM.
04-17-2014, 09:42 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The best way to see if their quality holds up is to buy some new ricoh camera/lens. From your post it sounds like you are still using your k200. NO need to bash their products if you never used them. I for one am very happy about ricoh buying pentax. It restored my faith in the brand and its future survival
04-17-2014, 09:59 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by borisv6971 Quote
I am curious as to what everyone thinks that Ricoh can bring to Pentax that would make Pentax better.
This Forum includes many, many threads that discuss this question. It would be useful to take a look.
04-17-2014, 10:02 AM   #14

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Apparently parts sales will be handled by Cris Camera the US repair center. Still seems to be some confusion on the policy change though.

As to Ricoh you are entitled to your opinion but I think you are off base. Most feel the Ricoh purchase was the best thing to happen to Pentax.

I think quite a few would disagree about the quality of Ricoh cameras as well.
I just talked to CRIS Camera and they said they do not sell Pentax Parts and that they hope to hear something soon about this issue.
04-17-2014, 10:12 AM   #15

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
I am not sure about the policy for selling parts to individuals, but you can certainly buy it through your local Pentax distributors (for example, in Canada, I can contact the Pentax repair centre for the parts). I really don't see any big issues with it.
No individual can buy parts from Pentax USA as of 4-1-2014. There no Pentax retailers or repair shops that sell parts to individuals, I would call your dealer in Canada and double check.