Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2014, 05:34 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Deleted by author

Last edited by Edgar_in_Indy; 04-27-2014 at 01:49 PM.
04-27-2014, 12:39 AM   #17

Photos: Albums
A Glória, vista do Passeio Público, Rio de Janeiro, 1861 is particularly moving. There is always something that stirs inside when in the port area of a city. The concentration of wealth and power is evident in the architecture; though the juxtaposition between the slaves' status and their surroundings pales in comparison to the mood created by their posture and dress. I've always found a certain solace, but also yearning in being near water- especially the sea. I can recognize myself in how they are taking in the seascape of their city. Of course, I cannot fathom the difference between my own daydreaming by the ocean and what it must have been like to be a slave surrounded by such beauty, knowing that their suffering has made it all possible.

Thank you for sharing these with us.

[edit: And apologies for being an ar*se to everyone, especially Edgar]

Last edited by Finchj; 04-27-2014 at 11:14 PM.
04-27-2014, 06:12 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Deleted by author

Last edited by Edgar_in_Indy; 04-27-2014 at 01:50 PM.
04-27-2014, 08:25 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Deleted by author

04-27-2014, 09:17 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Deleted by author

04-27-2014, 11:15 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Oh me oh my.... and so the train jumps off the tracks.
04-27-2014, 11:44 AM   #22
Veteran Member

I've deleted my comment that you originally found offensive, as well as any posts after things got heated. I don't regret the substance of anything I wrote, but I don't think anybody besides the two of us was invested in the conversation, and it was just a distraction and was cluttering up the forum. I know from past experience that when I see two people get into a wordy pissing-contest in a forum, I usually just tune out.

Despite any political or philosophical differences, I'm sure that if I met you in person we could speak agreeably. After all, I'm able to get along very well with my left-leaning and vocally-opinionated lawyer brother-in-law. So I'm bowing out, and I wish you well.

Last edited by Edgar_in_Indy; 04-27-2014 at 02:56 PM.
04-27-2014, 07:52 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Politics and racial issues is certainly on the topic since I was discussing it and this was originally posted on "General". I don't think anyone (specially someone who is not the thread author nor a moderator) has the right to bully Edgar for expressing his political views, including flaming his own government if he wants to. If one disagrees, he should add some views of his own, not engage personally. If it's too much to stomach, refrain from the discussion altogether. That's how you keep it civil.

Now I hope this thread can continue without turning into an echo chamber.
04-27-2014, 08:06 PM   #24
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by manntax Quote
And this isa precisely what happen then - they probably had an exposure about 1/2 s...
...or even less. I routinely get that degree of water blur on a vertical fall at 1/10s which would be fairly sharp in the area around the feet.

Steve
04-27-2014, 10:58 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
...or even less. I routinely get that degree of water blur on a vertical fall at 1/10s which would be fairly sharp in the area around the feet.

Steve
I was wondering about that....thanks
04-27-2014, 11:13 PM   #26

QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
I've deleted my comment that you originally found offensive, as well as any posts after things got heated. I don't regret the substance of anything I wrote, but I don't think anybody besides the two of us was invested in the conversation, and it was just a distraction and was cluttering up the forum. I know from past experience that when I see two people get into a wordy pissing-contest in a forum, I usually just tune out.

Despite any political or philosophical differences, I'm sure that if I met you in person we could speak agreeably. After all, I'm able to get along very well with my left-leaning and vocally-opinionated lawyer brother-in-law. So I'm bowing out, and I wish you well.
In the spirit of reconciliation, I will do the same.

I was feeling more than a little ridiculous last night while going for a walk. Especially since I'm not even a Democrat. Arguing on the internet and all that.