Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-17-2014, 03:28 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Bentley/Apple Commercial - Shot with iPhone

Edited and assembled with the iPad Air. I don't see many professionals going to the trouble and expense of doing this, but the fact that the ability exists is impressive.

05-17-2014, 04:49 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Well, ok using the iphone 5 sensor to record the image data, but look at all the rest of the gear they used..
05-17-2014, 05:31 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Same gear they would use with any other camera... the fact remains that it is shot with a smartphone
05-17-2014, 05:46 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Just because a smartphone can be used to shoot video and make it look good with tons of addon hardware & skillfull editing, doesn't mean we should be impressed with the iPhone 5, does it? I'm not. I'm only impressed with the work.

05-17-2014, 07:28 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good work has been done in the past using Super-8. I can't see why a camera phone should be any different.

Steve
05-17-2014, 11:19 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
Just because a smartphone can be used to shoot video and make it look good with tons of addon hardware & skillfull editing, doesn't mean we should be impressed with the iPhone 5, does it? I'm not. I'm only impressed with the work.
I think the simple fact that a phone can be used to create the commercial is pretty amazing. The processing power and capabilities of a palm sized phone is impressive when you have perspective on how far we have come. What would that commercial have cost 10 years ago?
05-22-2014, 06:51 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
It probably would have cost the same or even less. The cost of labor probably went up by tying the production crew's hand behind their back and forcing them to use that specific equipment. They probably had to overcome a huge learning curve of getting compatible, possibly even custom equipment, that allows them to mount that CZ cine lens and the video editing process probably took an excessive amount of time.

Cost of labor is going to blow away the cost of equipment on any production effort like that regardless of whether you shoot it with a phone, DSLR, RED, or film.