Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2014, 05:16 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
New website for KEH

Oh how refreshing! While I've bought and sold quite a bit of gear with KEH, their website has always been so lacking. I saw they have been advertising they would have a new site some time in July - just went there and the new site is live.

Very nice in now they have actual photos of each item and showing how many they have in stock. The whole thing looks so nice now!

https://www.keh.com/

07-08-2014, 05:50 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hate to be a whiner but their database engine doesn't sort numbers correctly. The list starts with 100mm, then 105, then120, then 15mm then 18mm, then 20mm, 21, then 24mm, 28, then 300, etc. .

They also don't separate screwmount from K mount, 645 or 67 nor AF from MF. Fixed focal length is all one big jumble.

Hope this is just a start, not the finished deal.
07-08-2014, 06:17 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
They also don't separate screwmount from K mount, 645 or 67 nor AF from MF. Fixed focal length is all one big jumble.

Agreed, I'm sticking with the classic view until they at least get the capability to vary by mount/system in there.
07-08-2014, 07:20 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Hate to be a whiner but their database engine doesn't sort numbers correctly. The list starts with 100mm, then 105, then120, then 15mm then 18mm, then 20mm, 21, then 24mm, 28, then 300, etc. .

That's a newbie coding error -- they're sorting as text instead of numbers. They've probably received bug reports on that already, but another one will not hurt. The fix for that is trivial.

07-08-2014, 07:44 PM   #5
dms
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Maybe I am missing something--but now it seems you cannot pick a category (e.g., mirrorless and then Pentax) and then able to pick camera bodies, lenses, etc. If this is indeed the case it is terrible.
07-08-2014, 08:00 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It's like losing an old friend. I'm sure they'll improve it over time, but they sure do make it hard to shop for third party lenses for a particular mount.
07-09-2014, 02:24 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They had some bad growing pains with their previous website.
It took months and months for them to straighten things out.
I sure hope they used someone else this time around...

Chris

07-09-2014, 02:46 AM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I don't really like the new site. Went there two days ago to purchase a tripod head and the first thing I notice is there is no submit button, then it failed to bring up my paypal , then it asked me to sign in, after I was already signed in before I tried to buy anything. I finally gave up after an hour trying to make a simple, should have been simple, purchase. Give back the original site!
07-09-2014, 05:01 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I don't really like the new site. Went there two days ago to purchase a tripod head and the first thing I notice is there is no submit button, then it failed to bring up my paypal , then it asked me to sign in, after I was already signed in before I tried to buy anything. I finally gave up after an hour trying to make a simple, should have been simple, purchase. Give back the original site!
Did Buy & Sell New & Used Cameras ? Canon, Nikon, Hasselblad, Leica & More - KEH.com work? I haven't tried actually purchasing anything yet, but it certainly looks just like the old site for browsing purposes.
07-09-2014, 07:36 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Scintilla Quote
Did Buy & Sell New & Used Cameras ? Canon, Nikon, Hasselblad, Leica & More - KEH.com work? I haven't tried actually purchasing anything yet, but it certainly looks just like the old site for browsing purposes.

The listing appear to be there but with no thumbnail pics though.

Nope, I tried it with the LN- FA77 and the "add to cart" gave me a 404 error (luckily for my wallet's sake).

The new site just has all the Pentax (prime) lenses --139 of them ---in one category so slightly harder to sift through them but now you don't have to swap between, DA, FA and the man focus lenses.
07-09-2014, 07:49 AM   #11
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

No, that's what I was saying. The new site acts like it isn't finished and ready to use. Like it's still under construction.
07-09-2014, 08:57 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I kind of like it in a way because it looks nicer and the pics are bigger but it's far from perfect in terms of actual use. They still look like stock pics though most of them and I'd rather have the pic of the actual item. Also, seems searching takes like 3 steps now not just one. That's not as easy as before. I hate it when stores use a stock pic for used items.
07-09-2014, 09:34 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It may be of help to them if we send feedback. I sent a message to them late yesterday with a comment about the new site and received a thank you note this morning for contacting them.

The feedback form is at the bottom of the Contact Us page.

https://www.keh.com/page/contact
07-09-2014, 03:09 PM   #14
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I was able to order the tripod head today. So, it seems to be working for ordering things at the state. I haven't really checked out how they list things yet, so can't really comment on that until I need something else.
07-09-2014, 03:16 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
No, that's what I was saying. The new site acts like it isn't finished and ready to use. Like it's still under construction.
Oops, I was replying to Scintilla's post.
what i meant was......

When tried the "classic.keh.com" site I got the 404 when add to cart.

and then when I tried with the new version of the site it did actually work.

so it looks like they've been migrating it across and now the classic version will be decommissioined.