Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
09-13-2014, 12:50 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Slightly underwhelmed by Pentax's rumour

Yes I admit I follow photo rumours quite frequently, but I am not alone.

Scrolling through all rumoured and announced products by other camera and lens companies, I felt quite underwhelmed by Pentax's upcoming product...am I the only one...???

09-13-2014, 01:03 AM - 4 Likes   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I prefer to enjoy the products I own, rather than worry about ones which do not yet exist.
09-13-2014, 01:20 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I prefer to enjoy the products I own, rather than worry about ones which do not yet exist.
+1

Get out there and take photos, enjoy what you have.
09-13-2014, 01:30 AM   #4

Original Poster
Affirmative!

09-13-2014, 02:32 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The problem is that people who really know what the next big thing that Pentax is working on, aren't sharing. I am certain that Pentax is working on a number of different things, including new lenses. They just haven't announced them yet.
09-13-2014, 03:24 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Yes, I could understand that. I think we all want for Pentax to catch up on all of the missing Hoya time for a FF body, missing lenses that some want, wifi, articulated screen, and most everyone wants it all done right now. I don't know about everyone, but to me as a Pentaxian for a while now, I have to keep my mindset on a half full type of mentality or I will always be frustrated with the speed of which Pentax releases, and shoot myself trying to figure them out. But, when I look at it and what they have done in a short time in over a year, I think they have done well. Keep in mind, the K-3 was just released 11 months ago, and in that time of almost a year, they have updated the 645Z they have added a TC they are adding other entry level cameras and I think they have done a very good job for that last year. Did they come up with the FF body ?, no, updated their older lens line up ?.no, but they are moving in a positive direction. Just wonder what it will look like a year from now to see what else they have released. I truly think they are going in the right direction.
09-13-2014, 04:52 AM   #7

As people have said before, "The Best camera in the world is the one in your hands."

09-13-2014, 06:00 AM   #8
Forum Member

Well, they have the 100-400mm (or thereabouts) on the roadmap. I hope to see a mockup this year I think this range is a what a lot of people had been waiting for. Canikon had dominated this range for years. I'd love to see it weathersealed, with fast focus, and under 1200g.
09-13-2014, 06:19 AM   #9
Pentaxian

That's OK if you already have all that you need, but is no help to people who have to plan for new equipment.
09-13-2014, 06:34 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I try not to treat my camera as electronic gadget. So while it's interesting to see all the hoopla with MILC and whatever new things other manufactures try 6 months from now, there's always going to be something new, something better. I used to always want the latest, greatest gadgets (phones, video cards, etc) Then I realized, I'm paying soooo much more to beta test for these companies. I'm fine with what I have.
09-13-2014, 06:54 AM   #11
Pentaxian

I agree.
09-13-2014, 07:04 AM   #12
Veteran Member

I heard from a friend's second cousin who used to work in a camera shop that Carl Sagan went to once that the next Pentax camera will incorporate alien technology.

There, does that help?
09-13-2014, 07:28 AM   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
+1

Get out there and take photos, enjoy what you have.
I agree 100 percent! My K5, DFA 100 WR and 4 limiteds gives me all I could want in one compact camera bag.
09-13-2014, 07:54 AM - 1 Like   #14
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
I heard from a friend's second cousin who used to work in a camera shop that Carl Sagan went to once that the next Pentax camera will incorporate alien technology.

There, does that help?
Yes, billions and billions of focus points!
09-13-2014, 08:12 AM   #15
Pentaxian

I'm pretty certain than Canon, Nikon, Sigma, and all the others are working on nothing that can control my mind like my DA15.

No camera will be all things to all people. Pentax is what it is, and for me, it's wonderful. It has what I need much better than the others. I really love the Pentax camera handling. Nikon is awful (to me), Canon is even worse. I'm a limited prime junky, no one will ever tempt me to switch with giant lenses. My second love is manual focus primes, preferably M42 mount. Love the way the work in Pentax land. Everywhere else is a poor compromise. I have the kit I need.