Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-19-2015, 07:34 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Connection with Samsung??

At another photography discussion site where I am a regular, someone has excitedly reported that Samsung has been making great progress because of technology exchange between Samsung and Pentax. Is there any known truth to this seemingly wild rumor??

01-19-2015, 07:43 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Is there any known truth to this seemingly wild rumor??
Since when do the phrases "known truth" and "wild rumor" go together?

There was some cooperation between Samsung and Pentax years ago but from what I remember that ended on bad terms. Or at least that was the rumor

There has been nothing (that I have seen) reported here. Do you have a link so others can read all about it?
01-19-2015, 11:50 PM   #3
HYS
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I doubt that Pentax has a free hand for such decisions.
What about Ricoh? Is there any competition between Ricoh ans Samsung or they play together?
01-20-2015, 04:35 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
At another photography discussion site where I am a regular, someone has excitedly reported that Samsung has been making great progress because of technology exchange between Samsung and Pentax. Is there any known truth to this seemingly wild rumor??
They worked together back in 2006-2009 and shared tech in the K10D and K20D. I don't think they've been in a partnership since then.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-20-2015, 04:48 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I would hope that Ricoh keeps a good distance from Samsung. They have a reputation for taking more than they give in partnerships.
01-20-2015, 05:58 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Did they contribute at all to the shared products? I mean, instead of claiming they designed them...
While "partnering" with Pentax, Samsung was developing the NX system. Pentax of course had no knowledge of this.