Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2015, 09:50 AM - 1 Like   #31
Veteran Member

Wired, I'm really glad you posted this thread. I've learned a lot reading your reflections on your experience and dcshooter's suggestions on PP - wrt both portrait photography and fiddling around with my own makeup.

02-01-2015, 02:11 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
So I'm all edited out on this one. I can keep polishing a turd all I want but I can only do so much with my experience level with these techniques...

That being said I've fallen in our with the Nik plug in package, especially for monotone's

02-01-2015, 03:37 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow I thought you meant the Make-up artist tripled the amount of assignments you were now receiving. I'm thinking that this make-up artist is overdoing it, trying to show-off her skills. She might be pretty good, but is trying to impress you by taking over the show. Believe me(my wife use to be a make-up artist) you have to put her in her place, or hire someone that will listen to your directives. It might be a good idea to get some input from the model also. Same thing goes for Photographer Assistants. Sometimes these guys will practically grab the camera from your hands during a shoot. As the Photographer you have to take control.
02-06-2015, 09:44 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Shot with this makeup artist again tonight. Paid more attention to the makeup this time! Model was not as good though... hard to build rapport with this one.

02-07-2015, 06:30 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
On one hand, I don't envy the turd-polishing you've had to deal with... but on the other, it is nice to see Tammy Faye Bakker's makeup person has found work.