Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
02-06-2015, 08:02 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Superresolution is already possible with the Brenizer Method Brenizer Method - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. A bit more work but also more pleasing pics as it emulateds MF.

02-06-2015, 09:50 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Does sound like a lot of work to me.

How big do you print anyway?
200 x 300 is somewhat common for me.

Ok, those are in mm. I'm finding 16mp more than adequate for me (I was also pretty happy with 6mp for that matter). However, I'll always be a fan of things like a super SR-resolution or the stitching you've mentioned or any other feature/technique that can be ignored when you don't have use for it but pulled out of your hat when you do.
02-06-2015, 04:01 PM   #18

Original Poster
Not sure what all the negative pessimism is for...

Just thought it would extend the life of the existing and recent bodies. Plus it wouldn't be unheard of, as seen in Fuji's firm wares updates. Really, the hardware is there, the software is essentially there (as mentioned about the astro accessory control implemented), so why not?

Here is another link that explains it from a different perspective (see toward the end):Olympus OM-D E-M5 II First Impressions Review: Digital Photography Review

For those who seem confused as to why you might want this, please consider that there might be areas of photography outside your experience. If a sub $1500 camera could do this easily over the $8500 645z, of course it would be difficult to justify. But for some types of shooting where colour accuracy and high resolution would be handy in a workflow, this would be amazing. I'm thinking studio/product/catalogue/interiors type of shooting.

Not all Pentax shooters are landscapers.
02-09-2015, 01:40 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Extreme macro (with static subject) would benefit from this. Perhaps this would even work in a microscope mount. There are valid reasons for pursuing this technology, and if it's just software making it happen why not do it and provide bragging points?