Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2015, 06:03 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Image tracking and invoicing

I have photo cards and matted prints in three stores with talks underway with two more. I have framed prints at one location and will be adding to that. When it was just the local coffee shop I just used a spreadsheet to track what I dropped off and what sold. But with more stores it is getting complicated.

So, anyone have a method either manual or software for tracking what you have out in galleries and stores? I want to track what I have out there as well as what is selling so I can keep the sellers in stock and remove the duds.

02-25-2015, 07:42 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Assuming you print set numbers have you considered simply using a label printer to print barcodes, and a bar cod scanning application.

Surely this could work, but so can a spreadsheet

Set it up with one column for prints, one for a sequence number, and one column for what store has it. You could add another for when they sold it and when you gave the store the print
02-25-2015, 09:44 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Lowell, I don't print in numbered sets so I don't have to track that. I currently use a spreadsheet with a separate page for each store. But now when I add a new image I have to add it in three (and potentially more) places. I can see that getting out of hand. Your idea of columns for each store might be a better way. But how do I deal with restocking then? I sold 4 prints yesterday at one store and I'm working on matting replacements, I have the original delivery marked but how do I record the restock? I want to be able to tell what is selling as I go forward.

Seems there has to be a way, this is nothing new. I'm sure lots of smart folks have figured it out already.
02-27-2015, 05:43 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Thanks Lowell, I don't print in numbered sets so I don't have to track that. I currently use a spreadsheet with a separate page for each store. But now when I add a new image I have to add it in three (and potentially more) places. I can see that getting out of hand. Your idea of columns for each store might be a better way. But how do I deal with restocking then? I sold 4 prints yesterday at one store and I'm working on matting replacements, I have the original delivery marked but how do I record the restock? I want to be able to tell what is selling as I go forward.

Seems there has to be a way, this is nothing new. I'm sure lots of smart folks have figured it out already.
There are lots of business applications to track this type of thing.

What I don't know, is, when you put stock in a store, do they purchase it, or is it on consignment, if it is on consignment, it may be a different issue then if it is a sale when you put it into a store.

Regardless, I think they way to analyze it's in a spreadsheet, and use a pivot table report by print, by store and by month, positives are when you put a print in the store, negatives are when they are sold, and inventory is the total of positive and negatives foe any store and print

The sheet only needs 4 Columns. Date, print, store, and quantity.

I did a sample test just using random numbers and it works

Last edited by Lowell Goudge; 02-27-2015 at 05:55 PM.