Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 40 Likes Search this Thread
05-26-2015, 11:53 AM   #151
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I'm now don to only having my K-01 and it's ging to take a while before I spend money on anything.
Ahhh - saving up for that FF

07-02-2015, 04:41 AM   #152
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Some recovery of the market. I guess part of the collaps early this year was change of taxes at the end of last year. Stil down overal.

The european market is much more down overal by 25 % for the first 5 months. This is for dslr, wich is the main market for Pentax.

My guess is that for Pentax the sales are even more down, like 50 % due to the waiting for the announced full frame camera. We will see those report soon as Ricoh has new quarterly figures out.

CIPA report http://www.cipa.jp/stats/documents/e/d-201505_e.pdf

Last edited by RonHendriks1966; 07-02-2015 at 05:42 AM.
07-02-2015, 04:59 AM   #153
Veteran Member

As a photographer I love my DSLR's but as a regular person the M43 cameras, the QS1 are just where it's at for me. Why? Because I don't have to lug a whole heavy kit with me to be able to take the casual shots I want. I'm totally having fun with the Q lately but really my Oly's are my "everyday" cameras in the sense that the DSLR's and SLR's used to be. I had P&S cameras, Fujis and I enjoyed them but I'm really not a P&S person. I like to be able to change out those lenses, even on my mini cameras. The reason the Q is secondary to my Oly's despite the fact that I love how tiny it is? Olympus has several EVF's which are almost affordable and touch screen focus, the latter of which I totally miss when I am using my Q. I'm so used to it, having TF, that I find myself tapping my little Q screen and frowning when I can't do it, when I don't get that touch/BAM perfect focus thing happening.

If the Q had an actual EVF, not just an OVF, but an EVF, and touch focus I'd probably never leave the house without it. It's size is perfect for a purse or pocket cam, and I can even take a bunch of lenses and batteries and not weigh myself down. The lack of an EVF and touch focus is why I still prefer the M43 Oly's over the Q mount Pentax. I probably would not buy another Q without them, seriously. The pro in me still wants her big fussy DSLR's but the regular woman? She just wants a cute camera that goes into her purse, doesn't weigh more than a cell phone, that can still change lenses out, has TF and an EVF. That's it. So far what I've got is two M43 cameras that do all that but still are a wee bit too big and heavy to do that a lot and a tiny little changeable lens camera that fits but that can't do all the things I need it to. Hybrid the Olympus E-P3 and the Pentax Q-S1 and I'd have my perfect little dream camera...

For most of my friends that's their phone, only they can't change out lenses...
07-02-2015, 09:13 AM   #154
Veteran Member

Aaaarrrgh! Every time this thread gets bumped to the top, I see only part of the title in the main forum view. It reads:

"Collapsing Japanese camera..."

Giddy with the prospect of some sort of foldable, transforming, origami paper camera, I click on the thread only to be disappointed. Sigh. I won't be fooled next time, I swear it.

07-02-2015, 01:12 PM   #155
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote
Aaaarrrgh! Every time this thread gets bumped to the top, I see only part of the title in the main forum view. It reads:

Giddy with the prospect of some sort of foldable, transforming, origami paper camera, I click on the thread only to be disappointed. Sigh. I won't be fooled next time, I swear it.

You mean a camera like the Germans made until the 50s?

See, could be done in the days of the ancestors!
07-02-2015, 02:40 PM   #156
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote

Look at all the electronica inside camera's today. Not easy to fold. Don't expect it to have shake reduction inside.