Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
02-01-2016, 08:49 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Creep Poses As Reputable Photographer and Lures Bikini Model 7 Hours Away

https://fstoppers.com/fashion/creep-poses-reputable-photographer-and-lures-b...rs-away-112373

02-01-2016, 09:34 PM   #2
Veteran Member

How old is the model, 3 years old? It's as if a little kid is being lured by a piece of candy. Thankfully, nothing happened but the model should have known better.
02-02-2016, 01:32 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

the first red-flag that would trip off my BS detector was how casual he is - when I'm working with models and making bookings I keep it professional*. I use an e-mail address that is based on my name, and my work phone number is always clearly visible on release forms - so all a model has to do if she is suspicious, just go through her modelling paperwork and she can check, or call up her agency - they keep my number on record.

Also being one of the few bearded photographers here in Adelaide makes be instantly identifiable....certain members of Pentax forums I have run into recognized me because of it.

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Several years ago, a straight male friend of my brother got talked into having multiple episodes of sex with a "photographer" whose ad in the back of a local progressive weekly (back when those were a thing) he responded to and who promised him a jet-setting career as a fashion model if only he'd do the photographer this favor.
wow. that would be humiliating. I hope he took up Legal action against the "photographer"...or at least informed the police.

*And within business hours. I rarely communicate directly with the model, I prefer to go through modelling agencies as they typically have excellent record-keeping.

Last edited by Digitalis; 02-02-2016 at 01:40 AM.
02-02-2016, 03:35 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
certain members of Pentax forums I have run into recognized me because of it
Digitalis, here about you would be mistaken for a reincarnation/look-alike of a certain steel-armoured outlaw, who took the long drop in 1880.
(And some locals would be thrilled to see you, and others would be vehemently horrified!)

For our no-Aussie friends I speak of Ned Kelly, Oz's most notorious outlaw.

02-02-2016, 04:24 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Digitalis, here about you would be mistaken for a reincarnation/look-alike of a certain steel-armoured outlaw, who took the long drop in 1880.
HA! My cheekbones aren't that prominent.

02-02-2016, 04:46 AM   #6
Pentaxian

I find it interesting that the "photographer" is described as creepy, but the model was not put off at all by his behavior. Apparently she expected it.
02-02-2016, 06:22 AM - 2 Likes   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by excanonfd Quote
How old is the model, 3 years old? It's as if a little kid is being lured by a piece of candy. Thankfully, nothing happened but the model should have known better.
QuoteOriginally posted by DennisH Quote
I find it interesting that the "photographer" is described as creepy, but the model was not put off at all by his behavior. Apparently she expected it.
Come on folks, let's put the blame where it belongs, and hint, it's not with the model.

02-02-2016, 07:11 AM   #8
Pentaxian

So, a woman goes to see an imposter of someone she knew, and he does not show.

That is not quite the same as blindly meeting an unknown person.
02-02-2016, 12:49 PM   #9
Pentaxian

I don't blame the model at all.

Mine was a comment on the apparent behavior of the actual photographer. I guess some things are accepted and expected as long as he takes nice pictures. I see some irony in that everyone agrees the fake is a creep, but the model was going along with what I assume was normal behavior for him.
02-02-2016, 01:14 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I am not blaming anyone but in this day and age where parents/guardians routinely accompany their children to and from school in all kinds of neighbourhoods - in all likelihood the model grew up in that sort of vigilant environment - she should have some semblance of awareness and wariness about conducting herself in her business world.
02-02-2016, 02:01 PM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Come on folks, let's put the blame where it belongs, and hint, it's not with the model.
Agreed that the perpetrator is to blame. This is a case of social engineering (the "photographer" learned a little bit about his victim then used that as an opening). Even though the model isn't wrong, the article is a reminder to be vigilant to reduce your risks of becoming a victim.
02-02-2016, 03:32 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
(And some locals would be thrilled to see you, and others would be vehemently horrified!)
Here people would think you're just another Bondi Hipster. (Apologies Digitalis, I was making an observation, not trying to be insulting)

All jokes aside, definitely a reminder of the need to be really careful and always act professionally, even if you're an amateur (either as a photographer or a model).
I'm glad nothing happened to the model in this instance.
02-02-2016, 05:32 PM   #13

Definitely not the model's fault. But could not the authorities use the number the texts came from to find the creep? Who may or may not even be a photographer.
02-02-2016, 07:42 PM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ambaker Quote
Definitely not the model's fault. But could not the authorities use the number the texts came from to find the creep? Who may or may not even be a photographer.
What crime would the authorities be investigating? Being a jerk and liar isn't illegal. The creep gained nothing so fraud is unlikely to stick.
02-02-2016, 08:18 PM   #15

I suppose so. But then if he turned out to be a known sexual predator it might be at least worth checking into.