Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
03-09-2016, 04:49 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
As for nonPentaxians; forget it. They are not going to even know that Pentax still make cameras.
I met a non-Pentaxian who didn't know they made digital, but was impressed by the film legacy. When I told her about the back-compatibility, she stated how unimpressed she was with her own brand on that score. Yes, she's a Canon shooter. FTR she was impressed by the 35 Limited Macro on the K-5.

03-09-2016, 05:14 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mskcrk Quote
CRK is not being sold. We are introducing a new computer system PRONTO which is causing some temporary delays in deliveries.
CRK has been family owned since 1934 and we intend to keep it that way.
Thank you for your interest and for your support of Pentax.
Malcolm Kennedy
And there I was thinking that I was the only one who could end a thread in a heartbeat. ..Oops!

Last edited by bossa; 03-09-2016 at 05:25 AM.
03-10-2016, 09:36 PM   #18

We are really hopeful that with the launch of the great new full frame Pentax K-1 that the distribution of Pentax will dramatically improve.

We do have the full range of cameras available for demonstration in all of our offices.

All of the dealers mentioned in your post have accounts with us and buy other merchandise regularly , for Pentax we will do our best to improve distribution.

There is a reasonable range at TEDS.

We appropriate very much this feedback.

Kind regards

Malcolm Kennedy
03-11-2016, 05:07 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mskcrk Quote
We do have the full range of cameras available for demonstration in all of our offices.
Something to bear in mind next time I am in Australia. Do I just call in, or do I have to make an appointment? And can I bring my own lenses and SD cards with me?

03-12-2016, 04:55 PM   #20

We do usually have staff available but probably better to make an appointment by e-mail.
clem@crkennedy.com.au
Yes of course welcome to bring your lenses and SD cards with you.
03-14-2016, 04:47 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have had quick delivery from CRK in the past and things I ordered are all shipped and received about 1-2 days later.....and I guess I am taking things for granted.

I ordered a Q battery from CRK on 10th March and it is my fault that I ordered the battery this late considering that I need it for an overseas trip on the 20th March....but it appears that they have factory warehouse to sort out and there is a delay. the stock is there. just the order status remain "ready for picking" till today. Wife rang CRK today on my behalf and was told that shipment may get delayed.

And I might not get the battery in time for my trip.
03-14-2016, 10:56 PM   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by raider Quote
I have had quick delivery from CRK in the past and things I ordered are all shipped and received about 1-2 days later.....and I guess I am taking things for granted.

I ordered a Q battery from CRK on 10th March and it is my fault that I ordered the battery this late considering that I need it for an overseas trip on the 20th March....but it appears that they have factory warehouse to sort out and there is a delay. the stock is there. just the order status remain "ready for picking" till today. Wife rang CRK today on my behalf and was told that shipment may get delayed.

And I might not get the battery in time for my trip.
By Thursday 17/03 our Store will have caught up. I am pretty confident you will receive your battery on time. Normally we pride ourselves on having the best logistics in the industry , but with the change over to a new computer system we have had some delays.

03-15-2016, 02:30 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Hi Malcolm , and thanks for chiming in here. I met you at K3 launch in Sydney when it was 1st released. It would be so great if we could have a K1 Launch to celebrate pentax 1st FF DSLR at same location so Pentaxians can attend and try out the camera and new DFA lenses. I would even be willing to pay a door entry for a chance to win a K1.
03-15-2016, 03:17 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by disco_owner Quote
I would even be willing to pay a door entry for a chance to win a K1

You might only get 2nd prize:
WishList:Sigma 500 4.5
03-15-2016, 03:29 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Hi Malcolm , and thanks for chiming in here. I met you at K3 launch in Sydney when it was 1st released. It would be so great if we could have a K1 Launch to celebrate pentax 1st FF DSLR at same location so Pentaxians can attend and try out the camera and new DFA lenses. I would even be willing to pay a door entry for a chance to win a K1.
I, too, attended the Sydney K-3 launch and also hope that there will be a K-1 launch.
03-15-2016, 08:21 PM - 1 Like   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A plea for all the Melbournian Pentaxians who would love to attend a K1 launch - in Melbourne
03-15-2016, 09:37 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Melbourne and Sydney are so yesterday......to ensure a more intimate and memorable affair..... I suggest Goolwa as the most appropiate venue.

The launch could be at the Murray Mouth aboard the Spirit of the Coorong.....DFA 150-450 territory.

Last edited by noelpolar; 03-15-2016 at 09:42 PM.
03-15-2016, 10:44 PM   #28
Veteran Member

You might only get 2nd prize:

Yes , I think that's wishful thinking of me on both counts Rod. Someone did win a K3 at the launch , Hence my comment. Sigma 500 F4.5 is beyond my reach. Ill just continue to dream..
03-15-2016, 10:52 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

continue to dream
My dream is that I actually get better at making images to justify the gear that I already have.
03-15-2016, 11:03 PM   #30
Veteran Member

My dream is that I actually get better at making images to justify the gear that I already have.
Good for you Rod , Would love to see you get up close and personal with birds without them flying off.
I dont have any long lenses. my longest lens was Sigma70-200 which i sold to a respective buyer in Hong Kong.