Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2016, 10:35 AM - 1 Like   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Floggin Rodger Quote

Anyway back to the OP. Matt , I think you can get better results and have more fun with a few fly overs.
The realtors like drones because they don't have to pay the fee of a real photographer . They are cheap.
Well this particular agency is willing to pay for quality photography but I agree this seems to be more of an exception than the norm. Great for me! (and hopefully the agency too)

07-15-2016, 06:06 PM - 1 Like   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
Well this particular agency is willing to pay for quality photography but I agree this seems to be more of an exception than the norm. Great for me! (and hopefully the agency too)
Good drone photography will cost real money. Expect an initial investment of north of 10k. This will give better results than hiring a Cessna. For web use and the like, something like a phantom class is ok at best, but no more than that. The platform is too small to support a large sensor camera, and also not stable enough to support anything other than quite a wide angle lens.
Having said that, I have seen stunningly good results from phantom class machines. Conditions need to be ideal for it though.

Last edited by Wheatfield; 07-15-2016 at 06:12 PM.