Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-26-2016, 10:59 PM - 6 Likes   #1

Pentax on the evening news

The local news did a story on a project I just completed, and at about the 1:00 mark you can see the K5 II and 16-50 I used to shoot most of it (a couple of the photos in the project were shot with the 12-24): Art project showcases ‘trail fairies’ who maintain North Shore mountain trails - BC | Globalnews.ca

I got them pretty wet and muddy over the course of the project, but they're still working great! The worst was the day where I went out in the pouring rain for hours and didn't realize I'd forgotten the hotshoe cover! Water eventually trickled into the body and it started acting pretty weird. An emergency run to the local camera store for some silica gel got it straighten out though. Now I've learned to leave a towel and ziplock bag + silica gel in my truck for after cold rainy shoots.

I got a lot of grit ground into the 16-50's focusing mechanism which I think led to the motor frying, but thanks to the instructions on this forum I was able to hack it to use the screwdrive instead! I don't post here very often, but this forum is a great resource and I really enjoy lurking! Thank you!

06-26-2016, 11:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Well done.
Always good to see Pentax photographers at work, and doing good things.
06-26-2016, 11:06 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Awesome work! Good support of the supporters!
06-27-2016, 01:31 AM   #4
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Great work, Euan, and an interesting news article about a very worthwhile project

I love the old mechanical shutter / motor-wind sound effect they used