Crazy dude.

08-03-2016, 01:37 AM   #17
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Any updates on this story?

The guy was charged with a felony. The wheels of justice turn slowly, almost at a glacial pace. It may be a month before he has a hearing. Then several more months before a trial. If he doesn't take a plea it might be January before a decision is handed down.
08-03-2016, 03:37 PM   #18
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
The guy was charged with a felony. The wheels of justice turn slowly, almost at a glacial pace. It may be a month before he has a hearing. Then several more months before a trial. If he doesn't take a plea it might be January before a decision is handed down.
ahh ok. I've run into angry, harassing people (always drivers) while minding my own business shooting (and sometimes just holding the camera walking down the sidewalk).. but never as confrontational as this guy. I would be rather concerned for my life in this photogs situation..
08-04-2016, 05:01 AM - 1 Like   #19
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well..... it's his driveway

Crazy dude.
No, it wasn't his driveway. It was a public road.

Even if it had been his driveway, generally you cannot counter simple trespass with any force, and never with deadly force.

10-05-2016, 07:55 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Re: the elk, I put the blame fully on the photog, not only for pulling the stunt, but also for publicizing it. These are wild animals. They carry very serious zoonotic diseases. They are large enough to kill a human in seconds. And even seemingly "tame" ones can become aggressive with no warning. Habituating them to humans can only lead to bad incomes. If this were rutting season and there were a female nearby, the photog would likely be in a coma or dead.

Once the rangers knew of the incident, they were obliged to destroy the animal, plain and simple.
Quote from the linked article:

QuoteQuote:
Park Rangers assured York that he did nothing wrong in the video. The elk had been exhibiting aggressive behavior for a long time, and this was apparently their only course of action. This isn’t something the park resorts to often and, in fact, this elk is the first the park has ever put down.
10-05-2016, 07:44 PM   #21
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Any updates on this story?
Ramona man pleads guilty in road rage incident - Ramona Sentinel
10-06-2016, 12:31 AM   #22
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums

The guy got off way too easy.

10-06-2016, 05:42 AM - 1 Like   #23
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
The guy got off way too easy.
He's lucky he was only shot with a cell phone camera.
10-06-2016, 02:55 PM   #24
mee
Veteran Member

Between this and a few other stories where bad behavior was captured on cellphone video... it makes me wonder just how these stories would have gone had it not been for them recording the event...

I recall one specifically where a guy was flying his quadcopter along a beach. Some psycho woman comes out of no where telling him not to do that... then accuses him of being a pervert... then physically attacks him. She calls the cops and says he attacked me. Cops were about to throw him in the back of the squad car and book him for (I think sexual) assault until they saw his footage of the event (and let him go since he was completely passive in the situation).

When it is he said/she said, usually the loudest mouth wins if there isn't proof otherwise.. makes me want to keep a smartphone on me at all times.. even without cell service just for these potential situations.