Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 168 Likes Search this Thread
08-20-2016, 10:51 AM   #151
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
There will be cheaper version of K-1, like it or not, question is only when.
Never

08-20-2016, 10:59 AM   #152
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Quote myself with a single instance where I made up a number.

You just claimed that the first K-1 was produced in April; yet by the end of April the first shipments were undergoing. Hmm...
Are you just forgot your medicine? Before march is februari and after march comes april.
08-20-2016, 11:01 AM   #153
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Never
I see several reason for that:

- Pentax brand disapear
- A new very different product make the DSLR irelevant before it happen...

You choice. Beside, can we quote you once it there?
08-20-2016, 11:53 AM   #154
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Are you just forgot your medicine? Before march is februari and after march comes april.
You don't have to be rude. It's a choice, sure, you might want to wait for my mistakes to insult me - but you don't have to do it.

Yes, you claimed that the first Pentax camera was produced in March. But still, based on what? EXIF info? Is that reliable? How come that on the manufacturer's website there are images shot with a camera seemingly manufactured on 2015:11:03? Well, it could've been a pre-production model; but how long does it takes to switch to full production?
There's a 4 months interval between this (supposedly pre-production) camera and the moment you stated first camera was produced. What were they doing all this time?
At which moment in production is a camera's manufactured date field set? (on the latest stages, I'd say). Is it possible to produce a larger batch of cameras, then fully initialize them later, with the final firmware, when that becomes available?
And, are you sure what you saw was from the earliest batches?

By the way, here are some samples taken with a camera whose manufactured date is set to 2016:02:09:
Pentax K-1 Sample Images | PhotographyBLOG
That's February which is indeed before March.

---------- Post added 20-08-16 at 10:02 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
I see several reason for that:

- Pentax brand disapear
- A new very different product make the DSLR irelevant before it happen...

You choice. Beside, can we quote you once it there?
Let's be more imaginative:
- Pentax will sell the K-1 at a lower price, instead of making a cheaper version
- Pentax will make a cheaper model which is not a cheaper version of the K-1

08-20-2016, 12:26 PM   #155
Veteran Member

Honestly, I see pentax coming out with reworked "D-FA Limiteds" for the K1...they are seriously lacking in newer up to date lenses for that camera line. They may even re-brand the tamron primes (35/1.8, 45/1.8, 85/1.8) but I hope not, I'd rather have the updated limiteds. A D-FA 85/1.4 wouldn't hurt either.
Pentax should update their DA* lenses with newer style AF motors and HD coating.
I'm thinking we'll see a K3II refresh soon and possibly a higher end FF. The K1 is really already the "stripped down" lower end FF.
They'll probably really push the new PLM tech hard too...which is unfortunate for those of us with older camera bodies.
The Q is dead...its time for Ricoh to move on to a mirrorless system that has a APS-C sized sensor.

Last edited by GateCityRadio; 08-20-2016 at 12:33 PM.
08-20-2016, 12:28 PM   #156
Banned

I think the decision was made to introduce the K-1 to market after april 1st, wich is the new fiscal year in Japan. So maybe they could have done that in februari from a technical point or from a starten point in production, but my guess is that the start was made from a different point. Having the K-1 in the new fiscal year makes it better to put the camera division in a good light. After a soft year they now have a good year.

Preproduction was at least ready in december, but most likely we have seen images from June last year. We don't know for sure and no one is telling us.
08-20-2016, 01:45 PM - 2 Likes   #157
Pentaxian

Bla-bla-bla, bla-bla-bla

08-20-2016, 01:57 PM - 1 Like   #158
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Bla-bla-bla, bla-bla-bla
That's the most sensible comment I've ever seen in this section of PF
08-20-2016, 04:14 PM   #159
Pentaxian

Just Funnin'

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Nope.
Sorry, just having a bit of fun.

I love to see all the neat things that pop up at Photokina, even those that don't have our favorite logo on them.
08-20-2016, 04:34 PM - 1 Like   #160
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
That's the most sensible comment I've ever seen in this section of PF
I keep viewing this thread, hoping to see actual rumors/info leaks, not a personal wishlist or personal arguments between people... only to be disappointed with just that. I guess the asahi and kenspo responses were interesting though.. as vague as they are.
08-20-2016, 06:43 PM   #161
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I keep viewing this thread, hoping to see actual rumors/info leaks, not a personal wishlist or personal arguments between people... only to be disappointed with just that. I guess the asahi and kenspo responses were interesting though.. as vague as they are.
Pentax seems to keep things "closer to the vest" than other companies do. That's why I reacted to the first post in this thread the way I did, when the OP used rumors to put a future announcement into the present. In a few weeks we will know something, Pentax will or will not announce something new. I think I can wait until then. I can probably find ways to spend the time.

I know ... I'll take some pictures!
08-20-2016, 08:34 PM - 1 Like   #162
ogl
Banned

- Pentax will sell the K-1 at a lower price, instead of making a cheaper version
Right
08-20-2016, 08:43 PM   #163
Pentaxian

I suppose it'll take a while for some to realise that the K1 IS the cheap FF,the second edition will have some different features and a new sensor .Time frame 2/3 years.Considering the pre announcement speculation of the K1,the price will be higher but still good value compared to the other brands.I don't see any neccesity to discount the K1 unless the opposition offers more for the same price.
08-20-2016, 09:11 PM   #164
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
I suppose it'll take a while for some to realise that the K1 IS the cheap FF,the second edition will have some different features and a new sensor .Time frame 2/3 years.
Pure fantasies.... IMO

As for APS-C and FF DSLR - Ricoh keeps 3 lines of cameras now - "amateur" APS-C DSLR, "semi-pro" APS-C DSLR and FF and no any sense and resources to expand this line of cameras.

It's limited resources photo brand which carry 645, K-mount, Q and GR cameras. No any place for more models.
Only the best sales of K-1 could forced to think the top-managers of Ricoh about more models.
But K-1 is still limited in sales. Everybody know that the factories of Sony, Nikon and Ricoh lack for sensors.

As I understand, photo imaging division is just not above 1000 employees. Users demands and hopes are too high for so small division.

Re-branding 24-70 and 15-30 are the result of limited resources.

Last edited by ogl; 08-20-2016 at 09:25 PM.
08-21-2016, 12:10 AM   #165
Veteran Member

Ok for the first one, that's a possibility. The second one is playing with words. For me a cheap Pentax FF will come, not just the K1 going down in price. You could call it a cheaper version of K-1 or not it will still be a cheaper FF. Anyway, the whole Pentax line from KS1 to 645Z share a good part of the technology.