Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2016, 07:42 AM   #76
Pentaxian

The D FA 150-450mm is not "on par" with the competition? What are you basing this on?

I couldn't care less for empty claims that "Fuji, they are selling crazy amounts of cameras" (but can't get into the 3rd position on the home MILC market... go figure!). If you don't have proof, you have nothing.

09-19-2016, 07:48 AM   #77
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Feigning knowledge is a favourite tactic of the Trollicus Internetica Irritatus.
09-19-2016, 08:23 AM   #78
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
The D FA 150-450mm is not "on par" with the competition? What are you basing this on?

I couldn't care less for empty claims that "Fuji, they are selling crazy amounts of cameras" (but can't get into the 3rd position on the home MILC market... go figure!). If you don't have proof, you have nothing.
I said that 70-200 is on par with the top offerings from other companies. And I said that D FA 150-450mm isn't the lens Pentax is or will be known for, like for example FA31mm or 77. I did not say that it is not on par with the competition.

The number about Fuji I got from the interview I watched with Zack Arias (~1 min).

09-19-2016, 08:33 AM   #79
Pentaxian

You said "70-200 is a stellar lens, I agree, it is on par with top offerings from other companies. Not so much for other lenses you mentioned.". Bring proof, or retract the statement.

That video is marketing material, and contains nothing to prove your "Fuji, they are selling crazy amounts of cameras". Bring proof, or retract the statement.
By the way, if B&H would be (still? did they ever?) selling 200 Fuji cameras each 5 minutes, that makes 2,400 cameras per hour - and we can easily reach figures higher than the entire MILC market. Just for one retailer. Think about it.

09-19-2016, 08:43 AM   #80
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Apapukas Quote
Pentax version doesn't have IS, cuz it is already in body. Shouldn't it be cheaper/easier to make if it requires less parts? I am not an optical designer or anything close but it would be interesting to hear other opinions.
Whatever savings may be gained by getting rid of IS (and the MF/AF switch) is probably more than compensated by the low volume of production. Moreover, my understanding is that Pentax uses its own glass for these lenses (Tamron has no capacity to add Pentax's HD coatings). It's possible that Pentax is using a higher grade of glass.
09-19-2016, 02:22 PM   #81
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Apapukas Quote

Regarding Fuji, they are selling crazy amounts of cameras. .
I haven't seen many around, or even know if they're making a loss or not.

If you've got numbers, let's see 'em.

09-19-2016, 03:58 PM   #82
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

---------- Post added 09-20-16 at 10:00 AM ----------

Doesn't look like a corner to me?