Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
11-12-2016, 08:20 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
I use a af280t atm for when light is bad. It does the job when needed (in areas when chasing the kids inside when the windows are too far away), but the reset time drives me crazy. And I'm using eneloops!
Ultimately you will want to invest in a bigger light. As you have already discovered the recycle times on hot shoe flashes is painfully slow and the color is not consistent across the power range. I hate setting up lights and traveling with a bunch of gear, but if you can control the light, you make you life so much easier. The quality of work goes up and the time it take in post goes way down. If you are doing any kind of volume a decent 2-3 light kit is worth the money. The cost is coming way down for basic light kits.

11-12-2016, 10:30 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Ultimately you will want to invest in a bigger light. As you have already discovered the recycle times on hot shoe flashes is painfully slow and the color is not consistent across the power range. I hate setting up lights and traveling with a bunch of gear, but if you can control the light, you make you life so much easier. The quality of work goes up and the time it take in post goes way down. If you are doing any kind of volume a decent 2-3 light kit is worth the money. The cost is coming way down for basic light kits.
Thanks Winder. Good to know. I'll go check out ebay to see what kind of kits are available. We're just talking um... what's the term, strobe? lights with the light stands, right?

Am currently trying to set up online prints with zenfolio. Have you had any experience with them?

Trying to sort out sizing for digital downloads is giving me a headache.

One of the customers suggest exporting at 1800x1200 as the standard for people to download.

I cropped my shots based on what I thought looked best. Some of them are square, and some of them are non standard sized rectangles.

If people get the choice to purchase their print in either 4x6 or 8x10 or 5x7, then doesn't the nature of the cropped image change? How do I ensure that the image always prints out the way I want it too?

Am I missing something?

And how do I determine whether the 1800x1200 is the same as a 4x6 or 5x7 etc? Maths is not my strong point....

ETA: I've played around a bit with a ratio calculator, and I think I may be able to answer my own question... to simply to decide on one set size for all images. It's the only thing I can think of. So if I have lightroom crops set to 8x10s, and that's the largest size I'm offering for them to purchase, then I should also do the 4x5 smaller sizes and let the wallets be whatever crop it has to be. The diference is less than an inch. It should be 3.125" but the wallet size is actually 3.5. So I imagine they'll be enlarged a little...

Last edited by wolfiegirl; 11-13-2016 at 01:24 AM.