Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2017, 04:44 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ever Write An "e-Book" or a "Kindle" book?

I've written a photo guide.

I'm meeting with my programmers on Friday to enlist their help in converting it from MS Word to Kindle e-Book format. Also intend to ask for their help getting the book submitted to Amazon.

Has anyone here had any experiences with writing photography ebooks? If so, I'd love to hear any advice you might have for me.

01-03-2017, 08:08 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

I've not got any experience but...

Get it converted to ePub format as well.
That format can be used on any eReader (kindle, kobo, other brands, etc...)

Just look up on Google 'convert word to epub' and you get a ton of hits.
01-03-2017, 09:06 PM - 1 Like   #3
cpk
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I used Serif PagePlus X9 to create a pdf e-book containing a good number of photographs supported by text. Excellent software and relatively inexpensive now that Serif is developing a new software set.

PagePlus X9 ? Easy-to-use desktop publishing software
01-03-2017, 11:27 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks so much for the great advice Bert and CPK!

01-04-2017, 01:36 AM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have no experience in this specifically. As an engineer, I have used MS Word to write hundreds of documents, white papers, proposals, you name it. That said, MS Word is such a common tool, with so many output formats available, I thought that I would see what is available on the web. There is a lot of resources on the web. so here are a couple that I came across (with about a minute of work).I even watched the video, and it's exactly what I anticipated it would be. You could do it yourself in a couple of minutes of time. There might be a bit of clean up to ensure it has the look and feel that you desire.

Last edited by interested_observer; 01-04-2017 at 01:52 AM.