Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2017, 02:34 PM   #16
Forum Member

QuoteQuote:
She's of the same mentality. Does your perception change now I've added some information above (blueprints and a sample from a similar facility).
It does, indeed; in relation to the use of Barn. It does not help my Cape Fear issues. That said, I am not your target audience and people living in that region are much less likely to perceive it the way I do.

03-01-2017, 02:59 PM   #17
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
Lisa, when you eventually read this, know that this wasn't my idea
Heie, your gonna have to man up... your not on your own here.

Remember we're all right behind you... but your going in first.
03-01-2017, 03:35 PM   #18
Pentaxian

I think the name works. Fear isn't usually a good name to associate with weddings, but all the locals will understand it is associated with a place rather than with horror.

There's a typo on the blueprints. "Gound Floor". Ask your architect for a refund.
03-01-2017, 04:33 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
There's a typo on the blueprints. "Gound Floor". Ask your architect for a refund.
And why do the bedrooms (BR) have so many toilets in them?

Heie, can you find a good photographer to take the pix for the website?

03-01-2017, 05:10 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
[*]Capitalizes on entire region for marketing with instant name recognition. Same town has "Cape Fear Hospital" and "Cape Fear Botanical Gardens"[*]SEO is built in, especially if anyone searches "cape fear barn wedding" or "cape fear barn venue"
Regarding searching, why not to add the other word: instant recognition "Cape Fear", plus searchable by any brides "Venue" ? CapeFearVenue.
You cover not only target group wanting to celebrate the event in the barn, but those who can like your barn and decide to book it.

As for military community, you always can put something mentioning it on your site. Plus, the community itself will spread the news.
Just my two cents.
Good luck with your business!
03-01-2017, 07:52 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Barn doesn't scream weddings
You must not live in North Carolina.

---------- Post added 03-01-17 at 09:05 PM ----------

I have shot at The Barn at Sycamore Farms and at Travelers Rest (also a barn) Weddings & Events Venue | Historic Travellers Rest. And The Barn at Allenbrooke Farms - Spring Hill, TN They are very popular venues for weddings. Barns are definitely the in thing and have been for the last 5 years or so.

I kind of like the name to start with The Barn. The Barn at Cape Fear.
03-01-2017, 10:45 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
You must not live in North Carolina.

---------- Post added 03-01-17 at 09:05 PM ----------

I have shot at The Barn at Sycamore Farms and at Travelers Rest (also a barn) Weddings & Events Venue | Historic Travellers Rest. And The Barn at Allenbrooke Farms - Spring Hill, TN They are very popular venues for weddings. Barns are definitely the in thing and have been for the last 5 years or so.

I do in fact live in North Carolina.

03-02-2017, 07:08 AM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
That has a much better right to it!

Heie, you have not told us what your business partner wants to name the venue. Does she have any ideas, or is it just that she does not like yours?

It sounds like a great plan and I have at times contemplated opening a similar facility, albeit on a smaller scale.
03-05-2017, 02:20 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When you google "wedding barn" you come up with lots of items that fit the bill, but if you google "barn" you come up with things like Dress Barn or Carpet Barn. While Cape Fear Barn seems like a catchy name, it doesn't connote what takes place there. I think I'd go for something more descriptive -- Event Center, Reception Center, Reception Barn, Event Barn, Wedding and Event Barn at Cape Fear.