Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-12-2017, 05:04 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Floggin Rodger Quote
Out of curiousity , who else on here has contacted Pentax/Ricoh about the "Ambassador" program?
A bit of ambition, Rodger?

Good on ya, you've got my vote.

06-12-2017, 09:07 PM - 2 Likes   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
A bit of ambition, Rodger?

Good on ya, you've got my vote.
Thank You!

Unfortunately they were more interested in my social media accounts and website (don't keep one) than my portfolio. I suggested they check out a few of the websites / social media accounts of bands who have used my work but that is apparently a deviation from protocol. Hey at least they looked at the handful of samples I sent them and got back to me.
06-14-2017, 06:47 AM   #18
Veteran Member

^^..interesting...
07-20-2017, 07:03 AM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

I'm missing on that list

07-20-2017, 08:12 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Awesome page an I love the links. I'm sure all of us would love to be Pentax Ambassadors however, those guys are awesome. Really, which one of those guys would you displace?

Never under-estimate the skill of a working pro in his field of expertise.

Maybe Ricoh should create an "Amateur Pentax Ambassador" category for the rest of us. They could send us "Pentax " tee shirts to wear everywhere we go.
07-20-2017, 11:41 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Ah! My comment wasn't meant to be toward anyone of the guys featured on there. I'm sure they are great at what they do and I'm not looking to replace anyone of them.

I think I've made enough income with photography and have more than enough publication/exhibition/books under my belt to shed that amateur title a long time ago though

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Awesome page an I love the links. I'm sure all of us would love to be Pentax Ambassadors however, those guys are awesome. Really, which one of those guys would you displace?

Never under-estimate the skill of a working pro in his field of expertise.

Maybe Ricoh should create an "Amateur Pentax Ambassador" category for the rest of us. They could send us "Pentax " tee shirts to wear everywhere we go.
07-20-2017, 12:11 PM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by EdMaximus Quote
Ah! My comment wasn't meant to be toward anyone of the guys featured on there. I'm sure they are great at what they do and I'm not looking to replace anyone of them.

I think I've made enough income with photography and have more than enough publication/exhibition/books under my belt to shed that amateur title a long time ago though
Nice portfolio, Ed. I imagine Ricoh has committed this year's budget for its ambassador program, but I can see why you say you wouldn't be seeking to replace any of the existing group. They should look to broadening their diversity in a number of ways, over time.