Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 23 Likes Search this Thread
06-11-2017, 11:10 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Sorry for your troubles. A few years back I sent a message to Adorama's used department, following their protocols, and never heard back from them. Can't say that impressed me!

06-11-2017, 11:25 AM - 1 Like   #17

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Yes, it was an ambitious plan, and yes, in hindsight I wish I had waited until the end of this trip to trade the equipment. Although the flipside of that is that I needed the replacement equipment on the trip and couldn't spring it without the trade. Time was the main reason I didn't turn to the Marketplace here as I have done in the past.

I'll also acknowledge that Adorama incurred a substantial expense by shipping the item internationally - clearly there was good intent there, but I would not have said OK had I been informed that I would be responsible for the duties. I can only conclude that Mr. Gold was either unaware of them as well, or withheld the information when he made the offer to ship abroad. Either way, I explicitly stated that I'd rather have my equipment returned and cancel the transaction than pay anything extra for the international shipment.

I think the caution is in getting involved with the Used Department, I have had the most interaction with them and they have failed to uphold every offer they've made.

Lastly, yes, I posted the story on more than one forum; since not everybody reads every forum I wanted to warn others against dealing with Adorama's Used Department in general and the individuals I named in particular. If sharing my story saves even one other person from a similar headache then my posts have served their purpose IMO.
06-12-2017, 01:31 AM - 3 Likes   #18
Adorama Camera Representative

Brian

I've responded to you by email and PM here and on dpreview plus ephotozine - my colleague Leah will be responding to you on Reseleratings

I just got confirmation that the used department have sent a request to Accounts for a check in the sum of $449 to be mailed to you.

Does that work for you?

Do let me know.

Best wishes

Helen

Last edited by Helen Oster; 06-15-2017 at 02:50 AM.
07-09-2017, 02:52 AM - 2 Likes   #19

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks to Helen for getting involved and helping resolve the situation amicably. While I still have my concerns about the Used Dept. I can definitely recommend Helen to anyone as the first point-of-contact for anyone that ever has an issue with Adorama. She is a consummate customer service professional and works diligently to resolve customer concerns.

07-09-2017, 04:42 AM - 4 Likes   #20
Adorama Camera Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by bhonsberger Quote
Thanks to Helen for getting involved and helping resolve the situation amicably. While I still have my concerns about the Used Dept. I can definitely recommend Helen to anyone as the first point-of-contact for anyone that ever has an issue with Adorama. She is a consummate customer service professional and works diligently to resolve customer concerns.
Thank YOU, Brian, for giving me the opportunity to be able to make this right. <3