Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
08-26-2017, 10:31 PM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Tokyo Camera Showrooms (Including Ricoh/Pentax)

Tokyo has quite a few showrooms, museums and galleries run by the various photography-related manufacturers. One of my favorite camera stores, Fujiya Camera in Nakano (an area of Tokyo), is doing a series of photo guides on these showrooms, with the Ricoh one being the most recent. Each visit or “Mission” has three posts, with the first of each showing how to get there. I’m posting it in case anyone is interested. It might help any visitors to get there, or to decide whether it is worth going in the first place.

It's in Japanese, but there are many images in the posts.
?????? | ??????????

So far they have done Kenko-Tokina, Olympus, Nikon Museum, Fujifilm and Ricoh. I’ve only been to the last two, but I might go to some of the others, especially the Kenko-Tokina one, because it’s quite easy for me to get to.

About the Ricoh Imaging Square, I should say that they are showing some stuff that is not normally on display, such as the old cameras and the brochures. I think the manager must have brought them out for the occasion.

Last edited by JPT; 08-26-2017 at 10:40 PM.
08-26-2017, 11:37 PM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
Tokyo has quite a few showrooms, museums and galleries run by the various photography-related manufacturers. One of my favorite camera stores, Fujiya Camera in Nakano (an area of Tokyo), is doing a series of photo guides on these showrooms, with the Ricoh one being the most recent. Each visit or “Mission” has three posts, with the first of each showing how to get there. I’m posting it in case anyone is interested. It might help any visitors to get there, or to decide whether it is worth going in the first place.

It's in Japanese, but there are many images in the posts.
?????? | ??????????

So far they have done Kenko-Tokina, Olympus, Nikon Museum, Fujifilm and Ricoh. I’ve only been to the last two, but I might go to some of the others, especially the Kenko-Tokina one, because it’s quite easy for me to get to.

About the Ricoh Imaging Square, I should say that they are showing some stuff that is not normally on display, such as the old cameras and the brochures. I think the manager must have brought them out for the occasion.
Thanks for sharing!

Interesting blog entries.
I like that they kept all the old stuff, I imagine some old ojiichans come in and ask for that stuff from time to time .
08-26-2017, 11:48 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Has you been to the headquarter in Ginza?
RICOH Imaging Square GINZA | Community | RICOH IMAGING

It looks interesting. I should go up there next time I go to Ginza.
08-27-2017, 08:42 AM - 1 Like   #4
JPT
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pakinjapan Quote
Has you been to the headquarter in Ginza?
RICOH Imaging Square GINZA | Community | RICOH IMAGING

It looks interesting. I should go up there next time I go to Ginza.
I've been there, but not in the last couple of years. It was the old Ricoh showroom and gallery before they bought Pentax. It's a bit cramped inside, but it's in a really prime location. What I liked there was the display of old cameras, but it never felt very welcoming to me. It might have changed now. It's probably worth checking out if you're in the area, but might be a bit of an anticlimax if you went to Ginza just for the purpose.

08-27-2017, 03:11 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
I've been there, but not in the last couple of years. It was the old Ricoh showroom and gallery before they bought Pentax. It's a bit cramped inside, but it's in a really prime location. What I liked there was the display of old cameras, but it never felt very welcoming to me. It might have changed now. It's probably worth checking out if you're in the area, but might be a bit of an anticlimax if you went to Ginza just for the purpose.
@JPT thanks for the information, Do they have windows I can snap an image of the street below?
08-28-2017, 04:47 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pakinjapan Quote
@JPT thanks for the information, Do they have windows I can snap an image of the street below?
I was there last year. No windows.
08-28-2017, 03:16 PM   #7
Veteran Member

@ruggiex thanks. It is a shame to be in such good location but no window.