Show Printable Version 59 Likes Search this Thread
02-20-2018, 09:23 PM   #76
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
^^ Try It with a KP.

02-20-2018, 09:32 PM   #77
Veteran Member

OK ., I am going to take great photos with my K-5. Who care what # is printed in front of the camera, only the user know,, nobody else know except if you publish the Exif and great photo werr made for a long time without all the gadget of the new machine.
02-20-2018, 09:55 PM - 1 Like   #78
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Poit Quote
Now if you are a loyal follower of kenspo, what do you think that might entail?
I ain't*, but my anticipation is that "pro" emphasis will not include magic face/iris detection, touch screens, or video.

Steve

* I have a lot of respect for @kenspo, but don't "follow" him in any sense.
02-20-2018, 10:16 PM - 1 Like   #79
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote

Now perhaps the instincts regarding appropriate market features for enhanced penetration are spot on. If so, this forum is not the place to bleat out the repeated suggestions year after year. It is tedious. A reasonable idea might be to pitch Ricoh for employment in their market research and product development group
Well, that’s just nasty.

And I’m a troll?

---------- Post added 02-21-18 at 04:29 PM ----------

Correct me if my recollection is wrong, but I think kenspo specifically mentioned ‘professionals beyond landscape and studio’.

So, to my thinking, that entails wildlife, sports, weddings, out life. All areas that require great AF.

---------- Post added 02-21-18 at 04:33 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Gedeon Quote
I agree with POIT. All this seems to me very worrying. Pentax produces very few products, especially new and modernized lenses. Lenses that have made its success before, qualitative, simple and compact lenses. Now, pentax gives us pieces of bricks, at exaggerated prices, and at a very slow frequency. The evolutions are minor. It's easy to say "you just have to be better at focusing" or "just go to Nikon man". The problem is not there. We are loyal to Pentax, and Pentax communicates very little, and has a completely unreadable business strategy. For my part, I'm not ready to buy a new K lens or new DSLR, because I do not know where this company is going.
Thank you. A voice of reason in this madness

02-20-2018, 10:37 PM   #80
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just. Stop.
Well, that’s just nasty.

And I’m a troll?

---------- Post added 02-21-18 at 04:29 PM ----------

Correct me if my recollection is wrong, but I think kenspo specifically mentioned ‘professionals beyond landscape and studio’.

So, to my thinking, that entails wildlife, sports, weddings, out life. All areas that require great AF.

---------- Post added 02-21-18 at 04:33 PM ----------

Thank you. A voice of reason in this madness
02-20-2018, 10:37 PM - 3 Likes   #81
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

You keep asking us whether we think you're a troll or not a little too often for my liking, Poit.

You should have no trouble doing any of that if a mug like me can take pictures like these:

Last edited by clackers; 02-20-2018 at 10:51 PM.
02-20-2018, 10:47 PM - 1 Like   #82
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
OK...so you are not planning on buying the features you strongly suggest are needed? Translation: No ROI for pursuing feature parity not supported by market research.
I expect that is why we are not seeing certain features despite almost a decade of their presence of on the competition's product.
The market research is readily available. Weddings are the largest market for pro photographers.

I have said for the past four years, make a Pentax camera and lenses that satisfies the weddings market, and they will satisfy almost everyone.

Sorry if I’m ‘bleating’, but a shepherd that doesn’t listen to his sheep is gonna lose his flock.

---------- Post added 02-21-18 at 04:53 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
You keep asking us whether we think you're a troll or not a little too often for my liking, Poit.

You should have no trouble doing any of that if a mug like me can take pictures like these:

Poit

I can take photos clackers

---------- Post added 02-21-18 at 04:54 PM ----------

Poit

---------- Post added 02-21-18 at 04:57 PM ----------

Your photos are still life, largely, clackers.

I was employed to shoot about 10 bike races. All pre-focused. I lost both jobs

02-20-2018, 11:01 PM - 2 Likes   #83
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi folks, some valid points have been made from many posters here, but tempers are getting in way of the dialogue now.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread