Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
03-01-2018, 03:47 PM - 1 Like   #31
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
I didn't know that. But not only is my sight not what it used to be...so is my hearing. The penalties of age.
But focus confirmation also comes up in the viewfinder, Les, you're really stacking up the excuses here!

Yeah, I've discovered I need reading glasses now, it's no fun and I've decided that youth is wasted on youths.

03-01-2018, 05:26 PM - 1 Like   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
But focus confirmation also comes up in the viewfinder, Les, you're really stacking up the excuses here!

Yeah, I've discovered I need reading glasses now, it's no fun and I've decided that youth is wasted on youths.

Wait till you need bifocal glasses. I need all the help I can get.
03-01-2018, 05:27 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The ring furthest away from the body is a focus lock, so if you set it to get a skateboarder appearing suddenly or to infinity on a bright star then swing it around to the Milky Way, you're not going to lose it when you carry it or knock against it.
That is very cool! I did not know that that was a feature. The online retailers sometimes forget to list the things that could make a product a "must buy." rather than maybe I should buy this.
03-01-2018, 05:28 PM   #34
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Wait till you need bifocal glasses. I need all the help I can get.
I think I'm only giving photography away when I need Braille and a Labrador to work my way around a camera.

03-01-2018, 05:29 PM   #35
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
That is very cool! I did not know that that was a feature. The online retailers sometimes forget to list the things that could make a product a "must buy." rather than maybe I should buy this.
Handy, right?
03-01-2018, 05:31 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Handy, right?
Better than gaffer's tape and hoping your focus ring didn't turn while waiting for full dark.
03-01-2018, 05:41 PM   #37
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Better than gaffer's tape and hoping your focus ring didn't turn while waiting for full dark.
Yep. And I think someone's put up a pic of the new * 11-18, and it has one, too.

03-01-2018, 05:54 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Yep. And I think someone's put up a pic of the new * 11-18, and it has one, too.
Sweet! I am very interested in that 11-18mm. Whether I can afford it right away when it is released is a matter for wild guessing.
03-01-2018, 06:34 PM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
Couple weeks ago, Sigma new 14-24 f2.8 will not be available in K-mount.

Now the new 105mm f1.4 lens not in K-mount, again!

Its is a beast of a lens, but could be a very special portrait lens. It's the one lens in the recent announcement that I will probably buy. I will wait and see what the new Sony 135mm looks like, but I'm leaning towards the Zeiss Batis 135mm F/2.8 APO.

The tripod collar is due to the designer being a astrophotographer hobbyist and supposedly the lens has very low sagittal coma. Would be an awesome lens on a K-1 with astrotracer.
03-01-2018, 08:32 PM - 1 Like   #40
Pentaxian

I think I'm only giving photography away when I need Braille and a Labrador to work my way around a camera.
I know what you mean. Two of things I love doing best are photography and reading.