Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-12-2018, 11:09 AM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
example model release template?

I'm hoping someone can point me to good examples of model release templates. I'd like to start building up my portfolio of headshots and portraits. Short term goal is for promotional purposes only; longer term goal is a side business. I'm in Oregon, USA, if it matters.

The one on 500px seems overly wordy: http://static.500px.net/docs/ModelReleaseForm.pdf.
The one on PPA is short but I'm wondering if it's adequate: https://www.ppa.com/assets/documents/modelreleasewhitepaper.pdf

03-12-2018, 07:06 PM   #2
PDL
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
You know, google is your friend. There are hundreds of templates out there for you to look through.
03-12-2018, 07:36 PM   #3
Banned

You can find a lot of model release templates on Google. Not sure what exactly suits your preference so better to just look it up
03-12-2018, 08:56 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I guess I expected these things to be mostly standardized but the limited sample I found seemed pretty variable.

09-20-2018, 10:01 AM   #5

Photos: Gallery
Model Release Template

QuoteOriginally posted by murrelet Quote
I guess I expected these things to be mostly standardized but the limited sample I found seemed pretty variable.
It probably depends on how detailed the lawyer was who set up the document in the first place. Releases can also vary depending on the end results that the photographer wants. Is it just for portfolio or promotional purposes; is it for Stock sales; is it for use by a photography client; ... Each scenario may need modified wording depending on the needs of the photographer/model/client.

Most Stock Photo sites have model & property releases available for download in the contributors area - www.alamy.com, www.shutterstock.com, www.bigstock.com, www.dreamstime.com etc