Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2018, 06:18 AM - 4 Likes   #1

Pentaxian videos on YouTube :)

Quick Version -

I shoot with the Pentax K-1 and the 645Z in Okinawa, Japan. Skylum Software asked if I'd like to make some videos sharing my passion for photography and introducing their new Luminar Software. So we did. The latest one's about humpback whales! Check it out, and hopefully give it a thumbs up, comment, or share!

Long Version -

A couple of years ago someone at Macphun Software found my website and the company got in touch to say hello and that they liked my work. I'm a professional photographer based in Okinawa, Japan. I don't have a huge social media presence, so it was nice to get spotted. They asked if I could make a video about the karate masters portrait project I was undertaking. I made the video and you can find it on the Skylum Japan youtube channel.

A few months ago they (now SKYLUM software) contacted me again to talk about the release of Luminar 2018 and introducing it to the Japanese audience.

I suggested making more videos, some with my wife Yuki learning the basics, and some with me showing my work as a photographer. They said yes and we have started creating and uploading videos. It is great to be able to share my passion for photography, and at the same time my love of my Pentax gear

The latest video is about whale watching

If you have time please check out the videos (mine are in English with Japanese subtitles). If you are feeling generous, it would also be a big help if you could like, comment, subscribe, and most importantly share the video. More people watching the video, will mean we get to make more videos, and that's something we'd like to do.

Thanks for all you help. Hope you like the vids.

Chris

04-16-2018, 06:21 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Neither news nor rumors. Moved to appropriate forum.
04-16-2018, 09:29 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Nice video & photos!
I didn't know about that software. Do they support / plan to support pixel shifted raws?
04-16-2018, 10:39 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Thanks for posting Chris. I've appreciated your work for a while.

Cheers

04-16-2018, 10:56 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Always good to see another person doing what "can't be done."
04-16-2018, 01:36 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Good stuff. Congratulations and well done on creating these.
04-16-2018, 02:12 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cool. Nice job.

04-16-2018, 05:54 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by timautin Quote
Nice video & photos!
I didn't know about that software. Do they support / plan to support pixel shifted raws?
Not sure about the Pixel shifted Raws but I can definitely ask about it. I do know that they are currently working on a full DAM (digital asset management system) so the big advantage that Lightroom has over the software would be removed.

---------- Post added 04-17-2018 at 09:59 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
Thanks for posting Chris. I've appreciated your work for a while.

Cheers
Thanks very much. It has been an interesting ride from shooting with the Pentax 67 exclusively (the reason my website is called TRAVEL67) to shooting with the 645D and my 67 lenses, to getting more modern lenses, and then the 645Z. If you follow your passion at the very least you'll be spending your time doing things you love.
04-17-2018, 02:17 AM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris Willson Quote
Not sure about the Pixel shifted Raws but I can definitely ask about it
OK thanks, yes that would be interesting!
For the DAM, I prefer my simple, cross-platform, software-independant solution: folders .