Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2018, 05:19 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Help: Commercial licensing for Facebook Ad?

Hi all,

So I've been contacted by someone from a local ad agency about commercially licensing one of my photos. The use would be for a geo-targeted add on Facebook - people living within, say, 2km of a given point. This is the first time I've been approached to commercially license a photo. I am wondering:
  • What is appropriate pricing?
  • Is there a place where I can get a pre-made license? I am not fluent in legalese...
Any help/tips/advice would be greatly welcomed!

05-15-2018, 11:39 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Well, let's not have everyone speak at the same time here!

FWIW, I ended up having to pull a price out of the air. Apparently the would-be user of my photo didn't like that number. He first responded enthusiastically, but since then he's ignored all my message over several days, so maybe his initial enthusiasm was actually sarcasm... I've remained polite and only sent a few queries, but have only received silence in response...
06-01-2018, 06:44 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Most people don't have any experience to advise you on your question.

If some body asked me to use a photo like what you said, My response would have been, one time use or multiple uses?

If it would have been a one time use, $1500. $1000 for using the photo and $500 for my time. Multiple use, it would depend on how many times they would use it.

Pulling a price out of the air and the guy wanting to use you photo not liking the number tells me he thought he could get the rights dirt cheap.

Maybe a good thing he is not replying back to you.