Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2018, 01:32 PM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Daedbird Quote
Im going to say it - part of the problem with the mistakes from the DPR review of the K1II, or things with reviews in general, like how Fuji's lack of video capabilities is glossed over, while Pentax's deficiencies are usually brought up ad nauseam - is that it takes away from the real issue Ricoh Pentax is having with their current lineup. We harp on their perceived biases, but what if they simply came out with the fact that every camera is just a reiteration of a camera released two, or three generations ago? The K1II is simply a gimmick to have a new version of pixel shift, that is not as useful as the original pixel shift, and Ricoh continues to fine tune the presets to match Canon? That the camera would have been great if it was generation 1, but now it feels being left behind. Or that the KP makes no sense.
This is total nonsense.

When the K-1ii first came out, people far and wide proclaimed "Nothing to see here" .... then once a few had it in their hands, they said "This is the worst thing since Attila the Hun". Both comments were exaggerating. After the DPR article, people were darkly muttering "star eater" even though that was unproven ... in fact images here disproved that theory; now, recently, an astronomy publication has refuted that suggestion, which was never supported by fact, and most early adopters are pleased.

The technology in the KP and K-70 has the potential to totally change how parents and grandparents record indoor sports. In recent times, they would come to a place like this and ask how to photograph basketball, volleyball, etc, and they would go away sad, because no sane person is going to spend $$$$ for a f/2.8 long lens to record one season of sports. Now, we can tell them that for under $1000 they can purchase a K-70 + 55-300mm PLM lens, and it will gracefully give them SOOC shots at high ISO of their future Hall-of-Famer in action .... an additional $500 for the better-built KP. This is revolutionary .... why do you pooh-pooh it??? I am saving up my pennies so I can purchase a KP; I had not planned to spend so much or so soon, but this revolutionary product is spurring me into action

Last edited by reh321; 06-19-2018 at 01:43 PM.
06-19-2018, 02:12 PM   #47
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
The technology in the KP and K-70 has the potential to totally change how parents and grandparents record indoor sports. In recent times, they would come to a place like this and ask how to photograph basketball, volleyball, etc, and they would go away sad, because no sane person is going to spend $$$$ for a f/2.8 long lens to record one season of sports. Now, we can tell them that for under $1000 they can purchase a K-70 + 55-300mm PLM lens, and it will gracefully give them SOOC shots at high ISO of their future Hall-of-Famer in action
Ricoh should ask you for permission to use that quote in marketing You make a very good, and very credible argument (one I happen to agree with, too)