Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 150 Likes Search this Thread
10-01-2018, 03:35 AM   #301
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
o please
Name upcoming unannounced models other camera makers are talking about?
Not that easy right?

10-01-2018, 03:46 AM   #302
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Me:
most of them have a new model to talk about though
You

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Name upcoming unannounced models other camera makers are talking about?
Not that easy right?
You are trying to entrap me now. Not very nice of you. I am talking about new models which are obviously not unannounced models.
10-01-2018, 03:55 AM   #303
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You are trying to entrap me now. Not very nice of you. I am talking about new models which are obviously not unannounced models.
Have another look at my post #293 in this thread. You quoted me. I was talking about unannounced models as evidenced by my post. No entrapment required.
10-01-2018, 04:04 AM   #304
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Ok be that way. II see it is not possible to discuss Ricoh without someone being contentious about it. Unsubscribing from this thread. Do not quote me!

10-01-2018, 04:07 AM   #305
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ok be that way. II see it is not possible to discuss Ricoh without someone being contentious about it. Unsubscribing from this thread. Do not quote me!
10-01-2018, 05:48 AM   #306

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Also I think somewhere (I could be wrong about this) Adam inferred he intentionally held back in the interview recap.
I got the same interpretation, and it's basically the only glimmer of hope [for a new camera] in that interview.
10-01-2018, 07:04 AM   #307
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Business as usual then.
Not really. After CP+ we 'knew' that they were working on a K-3 replacement, so those who "need" that particular group of capabilities had something to look forward to. Ricoh was unwilling to repeat that assurance, and stocks of K-3ii are running very low, so those who "need" that particular group of capabilities are having to ask "now what?" In this case, knowing the future path would not deter purchases {because they don't have much to sell}, but it might keep some with the brand who will otherwise explore other brands.

10-01-2018, 12:12 PM   #308
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Not really. After CP+ we 'knew' that they were working on a K-3 replacement, so those who "need" that particular group of capabilities had something to look forward to. Ricoh was unwilling to repeat that assurance, and stocks of K-3ii are running very low, so those who "need" that particular group of capabilities are having to ask "now what?" In this case, knowing the future path would not deter purchases {because they don't have much to sell}, but it might keep some with the brand who will otherwise explore other brands.
With them noting in more than one interview now that they are working on a replacement camera, nothing much has changed.