Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2018, 06:24 PM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Maybe some of these questions will be answered with a new product announcement before the interview.

1) What's the status of the new SDK? Can they publish a list of Windows and Android apps that use it so we can go check those apps?

2) The 2 largest 3rd party lens manufacturers, Sigma and Tamron, have stopped releasing new lenses for k-mount. What does Ricoh think of that? Is it good (more sales of Pentax lenses) or bad (lack of some lenses might lead customers to other mounts)?

3) Status of Ricoh GR line? When can we expect to see something new?

4) Status of top end APS-C? K-3ii is no longer available. Does the market still have room for a K-3 replacement, or will future APS-C bodies be more like the KP design?

09-24-2018, 06:37 PM - 1 Like   #17
BWG
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

When will we get a new GR and a new APS-C flagship? And even though it’s old news, thank them for the K-1 and K-1 ii.
09-24-2018, 07:08 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
1) Update on the revamped 16-50/50-135mm lenses? Will any other Aps-c lenses receive a revamp also?
2) Update/info on the K3II replacement
3) Any plan on releasing more Full Frame Prime lense (e.g. 15m, 24mm, 35mm, 135mm, etc.)?
4) Will there be an update to the GR?
09-24-2018, 07:20 PM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

Now that Kenspo has moved on, has Ricoh (Pentax) eyeing another ambassador? What field of photography?

Will Pentax still compete with the street photography genre? As in small cameras and not K-3 model lines?

09-24-2018, 07:30 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
The status of the K-3II successor.
Of course !
09-24-2018, 07:35 PM - 1 Like   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
1) Where do they see themselves fitting in a mirrorless world? They are the last major historical figure still without an offering? Will their first mirrorless be APS to minimize size or FF to maximize IQ?

2) When/how will they update their autofocus algorithms and hardware in their bodies?
09-24-2018, 07:53 PM - 1 Like   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
1. How are Ricoh doing financially in a declining market?
2. Will Ricoh consider making some of the popular Pentax Limited lenses with weather sealing?
3. With most makers going with mirrorless systems, will Ricoh continue with Pentax DSLRs since there should be less competition now?
4. How important is a R/D and Marketing budget to Ricoh?

09-24-2018, 08:09 PM - 1 Like   #23
Pentaxian

1. I love pixel shift. Are there any further developments planned for pixel shift?
2. Are any of the major photo editing software companies planning to support pixel shift files in the future?
3. What efforts are being made to get Zeiss, Voigtlander, and Sigma to offer their lenses in the K mount?
4. Will future Pentax cameras have backside illuminated sensors?
5. Any plans to solicit feedback from K-1 customers on what failures they have experienced so far? I would think Pentax/Ricoh would like to learn about the weak spots on their cameras (car manufacturers routinely do such surveys). For example, card slot #1 on my K-1 just up and failed months ago. Also, it would be nice if the next iteration of the LCD screen swiveled 180 degrees so I can watch myself when making videos.
6. Why is RIcoh/Pentax so secretive on new product development and the strategic direction of the company? At some other camera companies (e.g. Sigma, Sony, etc.) executives are regularly on the Internet telling customers what they can expect in the future. Such open and transparent communications will help to keep Pentaxians from leaving Pentax and going to another system.
7. Many long time Pentaxians are selling all of their Pentax gear and switching to other systems. What is Pentax/Ricoh intending to do to keep their loyal customer base from leaving for another camera system?
09-24-2018, 08:51 PM - 2 Likes   #24
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I’d like to know if they ever thought about putting a 7-bladed straight aperture in the 10-17 so we could have amazing starbursts from this lens.
And maybe put the straight blades back in the 15HD, too.
09-24-2018, 08:55 PM - 2 Likes   #25
Forum Member

Questions

In regards to Leica, Panasonic, and Sigma working together on a new camera, would Ricoh/Pentax consider negotiating to join forces with another camera manufacturer on a product?

Are there any future developments in mind for the unique Astrotracer feature?

Would it be possible to add the multi-area auto white balance to video mode? This would probably be revolutionary for video.

Will there be anything special for the Pentax 100th anniversary next year?

Would Ricoh/Pentax consider remanufacturing a version of the K1000 to capitalize on the film craze? I believe if this could be done under $200, it would sell like crazy.

Last edited by ShaunW; 09-24-2018 at 09:02 PM.
09-24-2018, 09:17 PM - 1 Like   #26
Pentaxian

Here's one:

When will they fix the Image Sync App on Android devices?
It was updated September 5th, 2018 and K-1 classics are now unable to transfer photos out to Android devices.

Mine included!
09-24-2018, 09:18 PM   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
1. I love pixel shift. Are there any further developments planned for pixel shift?
2. Are any of the major photo editing software companies planning to support pixel shift files in the future?
3. What efforts are being made to get Zeiss, Voigtlander, and Sigma to offer their lenses in the K mount?
4. Will future Pentax cameras have backside illuminated sensors?
5. Any plans to solicit feedback from K-1 customers on what failures they have experienced so far? I would think Pentax/Ricoh would like to learn about the weak spots on their cameras (car manufacturers routinely do such surveys). For example, card slot #1 on my K-1 just up and failed months ago. Also, it would be nice if the next iteration of the LCD screen swiveled 180 degrees so I can watch myself when making videos.
6. Why is RIcoh/Pentax so secretive on new product development and the strategic direction of the company? At some other camera companies (e.g. Sigma, Sony, etc.) executives are regularly on the Internet telling customers what they can expect in the future. Such open and transparent communications will help to keep Pentaxians from leaving Pentax and going to another system.
7. Many long time Pentaxians are selling all of their Pentax gear and switching to other systems. What is Pentax/Ricoh intending to do to keep their loyal customer base from leaving for another camera system?
+10 on these.
09-24-2018, 09:37 PM - 3 Likes   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

1) Why do they not permit end users to purchase parts.
2) Why current lenses like the DA* 50-135 can be unrepairable due to a lack of parts - how long do they stock spare parts?
09-24-2018, 09:39 PM - 1 Like   #29
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I am not interested in anything mirrorless unless such is medium format or a GR III and that last merely because it is so strongly desired by the GR faithful.

I am interested in the progress on current timeline lenses, particularly the D FA* 85/1.4, D FA 70-200/4 as well as any news regarding a K-3 II replacement or K-1 "lite". Oh, and anything related to non-* FF primes would be nice too. While it is cool to have the option of a $1200 fast-50, it is also somewhat unrealistic for general field use unless one is well-heeled and/or not concerned about scraping something like that on a chunk of lava rock. A series of sub-$500 primes at moderate fast apertures (f/1.8, f/2.0, f/2.8)* with DC drive and WR would be much appreciated.

Steve

* While f/2.8 might seem pedestrian, a 28mm f/2.8 (for example) would likely have bulk and weight similar to traditional lenses in that class to fill the traditional role as a workhorse FF wide angle. The same would be true of a 105mm or 135mm f/2.8 as a short-medium tele.

Last edited by stevebrot; 09-24-2018 at 10:03 PM.
09-24-2018, 09:48 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Where is my mirrorless Pentax LX