Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 150 Likes Search this Thread
09-25-2018, 07:34 AM - 1 Like   #76
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dafbp Quote
1-What YEAR do they expect to release a K3 successor?
As with anything Pentax right now, 2019 or later...

09-25-2018, 07:43 AM - 3 Likes   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
1. K-3 II successor?
2. 24-70mm f/4 and/or 70-200mm f/4 lens(es) for FF?
3. K-3 II successor?
4. Mirrorless aspirations? [Q? New APS-C or FF mirrorless system?]
5. K-3 II successor?
09-25-2018, 07:47 AM   #78
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by travelswsage Quote
When will the full frame teleconverters be available?
forgot that one...
09-25-2018, 08:57 AM   #79

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
If no video improvements in camera, can they at least give clean/sensor readout otimized for an Odyssey or Atomos?
yes,hdmi,clean out!

09-25-2018, 09:04 AM   #80
Pentaxian

How long will the delay be on, a) D-FA 85, D-FA wide angle, Ricoh GR III, what will be delayed afterwards... I hardly remember a planned release of something by Pentax in the serious camera/lens area.
09-25-2018, 09:10 AM - 1 Like   #81

Photos: Albums
Given the "common" aperture block failures, what steps has Ricoh/Pentax taken to improve going forward? What confidence can we have that new cameras will not face the same fate?
09-25-2018, 09:11 AM   #82
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As already has been mentioned, I am naturally curious about the possibility of a new aps-c flagship, and the medium format happenings are interesting to observe. The lens developments are also interesting to watch.

Thank you Pentax.

09-25-2018, 09:21 AM - 2 Likes   #83
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I would love for Pentax to implement a mode where the Composition Adjustment takes four shots at each maximum adjustment-UL-LL-UR-LR and automatically composites them. Given they already have Composition Adjustment and things like PixelShift and HDR, this should be pretty doable.
Thanks.

Last edited by bladerunner6; 09-25-2018 at 12:09 PM.
09-25-2018, 09:57 AM   #84
Pentaxian

When will any image editing software offer support for "Dynamic Pixel Shift" RAW files???
09-25-2018, 10:17 AM   #85
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A few idea's for questions...

"Will there be any more parallel FW updates released for the K-1 when released for the K-1 MkII, for features, AF performance, & fixes, not just new lens updates? And for how much longer, or is the K-1 essentially done?"

"Will Pentax USA be seeing any new initiatives for local reps to assist with customer relations, advertising, product placement, etc either via YouTube, the Pentax website, or outlets?"

"Is there any plan to ramp up production speed, and any new initiatives to have 3rd party vendors market K-mount A/F glass and accessories?"
09-25-2018, 10:55 AM   #86

Theta

Thanks for the opportunity to ask a question. I'm a big fan of the Theta. I think 360 cameras are a fascinating new frontier as a form of art. I love the ease of use with my Theta, I bring it everywhere, but I also want more control on the body without going into the app. I have an issue with indoor/dark-environments, the default is to go for longer exposures which means blurrier faces. I know it's a delicate tradeoff. So one question I have is whether we can expect a more professional line of 360 cameras? Otherwise, generally I'm interested in what Theta fan's look forward to?

thanks!
-3Din360
09-25-2018, 11:14 AM   #87
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
We will be at Photokina this year and plan to do a mini-interview. What questions would you guys like asked?
Same like for CP+:
QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
  • The 1.7x rear converter was the first AF TC from Pentax. The current HD 1.4x AW doesn't cover the 35mm image circle. What do you think about an FF TC?
  • Autofocus speed is still an topic for some Pentax users. Improvements has been seen since 2016, but what's your current policy about AF speed and which goals do you have?
  • The automatic AF correction for lenses offered by current Nikon cameras would be a great feature in Pentax top-models. What's the position of Pentax about the implementatin of this kind of feature in the future?
  • Power Zoom still isn't fully supported by Pentax DSLRs. Also only six lenses did feature PZ. How do you see this function in the future of Pentax products?
  • Pentax has build incredible professional grade long telefocal lenses in the late 80s like the FA 300mm 2.8 or the 250-600mm. No other fast aperture tele after the DA* 300m has been presented yet. What do you want to tell about ideas the future and existing lens designs?
CP+ 2018 Interview Question Suggestions - Page 2 - PentaxForums.com
09-25-2018, 11:39 AM - 2 Likes   #88
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ask Ricoh if here s any chance of addng focus stacking to the K-1 series.
09-25-2018, 12:22 PM   #89

Is Ricoh Pentax marketing team happy with their selling of Sony A7III? I am quite satisfied with my new camera! only thing... it's not a Pentax...
putting sarcasm away...

Are there any hopes to see something that could go head to head with the likes of Fujifilm X-T3 and Sony A7III?

Could Ricoh Pentax consider adapting Samsung NX1 technologies and continue on where Samsung left just in K mount? Too much of a fantasy?

My best wishes to Ricoh Pentax. Even though I moved on to Sony, Pentax will always have special place in my heart cause Pentax made me love photography and all kinds of imaging.

If someone can tell Ricoh Pentax this: less secrets and more excitement would make things better
09-25-2018, 12:40 PM   #90
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
Ask Ricoh if here s any chance of addng focus stacking to the K-1 series.
Yes, good one.

Questions I'm thinking about are:

1. What are their thoughts on software integrated with their hardware? Camera <-> Phone/Tablet <-> Mac/PC.
Good Software makes products so much more valuable.
Do they plan to improve their own apps on mobile and desktop to create a good experience for the user? Capture, transfer, edit and share/save images as an integrated system or part of the "Pentax product".

Examples:
(1) Automatically send captured images form the camera to my smartphone's camera roll while I am using the camera as they are taken.
or
(2) When viewing images on the camera screen, select and send them to my smartphone's camera roll. (No need to use the phone to browse cropped thumbnails on a slow connection to the camera trying to find the image that I have on the camera screen already.)

(3) Better connectivitiy from a much faster and much less buggy DCU to browse, import, edit and organise images including features like Pixelshift, lens correction and other camera presets (maybe even focus stacking). Wireless would make sense.
2. What are their thoughts on USB Type C and faster in-camera electronics?
- USB-Charging in camera is very useful for travelling (power banks etc)
- Faster tethering (image transfer)