Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 150 Likes Search this Thread
09-25-2018, 07:01 PM   #106
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by alcstudios Quote
I think they should be a (D)SLR manufacture, you seem to have lots of insight, so enlighten me..... Pentax will never produce a mirrorless camera? and if current Pentax users want a mirrorless camera then Pentax is willing to tell all of us to "F" off and go somewhere else? After all, they are just a SLR manufacture as you stated.
But the Ricoh culture seems to be completely different .... after hearing what GR users say about their traditions, I don't understand how the two cultures survive in the same company.

09-25-2018, 07:17 PM - 2 Likes   #107
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by alcstudios Quote
I think they should be a (D)SLR manufacture, you seem to have lots of insight, so enlighten me..... Pentax will never produce a mirrorless camera? and if current Pentax users want a mirrorless camera then Pentax is willing to tell all of us to go somewhere else? After all, they are just a SLR manufacture as you stated.
They aren't telling you or anyone to go away and they aren't forcing you to stay either. What they are saying is here's what we got and we think it's pretty good. You're welcome to purchase a mirrorless body. Nobody is stopping you. You can even adapt your K-mount lenses in most cases. Feel free to buy the A7 II I have posted for sale here on PF. You can run multiple systems in parallel and move back and forth between them. They won't get jealous of each other. Trust me. I know this because I do it all the time ... every day, in fact!

Last edited by MarkJerling; 09-25-2018 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Quoted profanity and response removed.
09-25-2018, 07:49 PM   #108
ogl
Banned

The questions about GRIII.
1. Is there acceleration unit in camera?
2. Will they add 4:3 and 16:9 format ?
3. Will be the new battery for camera? Better than old one?
4. Is there built-in flash?
5. Will be new accessories for GRIII? Which?
6. Is there any weather sealing?
09-25-2018, 07:51 PM   #109

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
They aren't telling you or anyone to go away and they aren't forcing you to stay either. What they are saying is here's what we got and we think it's pretty good. You're welcome to purchase a mirrorless body. Nobody is stopping you. You can even adapt your K-mount lenses in most cases. Feel free to buy the A7 II I have posted for sale here on PF. You can run multiple systems in parallel and move back and forth between them. They won't get jealous of each other. Trust me. I know this because I do it all the time ... every day, in fact!
If you re-read my post, I didn't say Pentax was telling anyone to go away I was referring to a statement made by another member that stated......Pentax is an SLR manufacture... I really do not have an interest in mirrorless, just calling out the statement that was made.

And to stay on topic and not jack a thread I do have a question for Ricoh/Pentax...….. ask them if they have anyone in the entire organization that is capable of answering an actual question, and not some half baked answer, I'm talking a real answer for a real question.

Last edited by MarkJerling; 09-25-2018 at 09:09 PM. Reason: No need for profanity.
09-25-2018, 08:18 PM   #110
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bladerunner6 Quote
I would love for Pentax to implement a mode where the Composition Adjustment takes four shots at each maximum adjustment-UL-LL-UR-LR and automatically composites them. Given they already have Composition Adjustment and things like PixelShift and HDR, this should be pretty doable.
Thanks.
Very good question. I am with @bladerunner here. I am using this feature very often and only wish the camera can do this. It might be possible with software update.
09-25-2018, 08:20 PM   #111
Pentaxian

What year is "year of the primes(DFA)"?...is it one a year?
09-26-2018, 12:41 AM   #112

Last questions to understand the Ricoh strategy.

- Why did they stop the production of the K-3II while there is no successor for a very long period?

- I am glad they finally released a very good 50mm prime but I am not interrested in, and one new lens per year is very frustrating for users. It's really difficult to keep supporting Pentax when there is no interresting camera in the current catalog (better than my K-3II) and when we cannot expect new lenses in a near future. Except the 11-18mm, all other lenses in the roadmap are for FF, so until 2023 I think. Does Ricoh still involved in APS-C and what will they do for their loyal users?

09-26-2018, 12:52 AM - 1 Like   #113
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by superdave Quote
Does Ricoh still involved in APS-C and what will they do for their loyal users?
I think this needs to be answered soon, because it didnt happen yesterday.

A pocketable street shooter is handy but its the K mount thats the most important.
09-26-2018, 01:00 AM - 1 Like   #114
Lev
Veteran Member

Is there any hope to see updated DA* lenses in our lifetime?
09-26-2018, 02:08 AM - 2 Likes   #115
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is film dead for Pentax or will they produce a film camera? Given the resurgence in film these days.

Yes also I want to know about their vision for Pentax in the near future.

Will they produce native Linux software ie DCU and transmitter.

Last edited by beachgardener; 09-26-2018 at 03:48 AM.
09-26-2018, 02:15 AM - 1 Like   #116
Veteran Member

- Question about when K3 III is a must that many mentioned before me.
- Shall we expect a KP II ? Is this retro upper mid range SLR a one shot or a sub segment Pentax wants to keep in portfolio
- What is management view about long term dynamics of APSC vs FF submarkets
- Many walkaround lenses are now available, 18-55 aside : 16-85, 17-70, 18-135, 16-50. Can we expect a DA* with a real range that was planned before 16-85 but never came to life?
- Sigma just shut down its cameras division, wouldnt it make sense to merge with them
09-26-2018, 03:12 AM   #117
Pentaxian

I have a better question: is it considered rude to suddenly approach a highly ranked Ricoh Imaging official?
You know, to tell him how much I like Pentax, show appreciation for their work, ask to see all sorts of secret prototypes and development roadmaps...
09-26-2018, 03:15 AM   #118
Veteran Member

Just try and You will get the answer!
09-26-2018, 03:52 AM   #119

QuoteOriginally posted by ShaunW Quote
In regards to Leica, Panasonic, and Sigma working together on a new camera, would Ricoh/Pentax consider negotiating to join forces with another camera manufacturer on a product?

Will there be anything special for the Pentax 100th anniversary next year?

Would Ricoh/Pentax consider remanufacturing a version of the K1000 to capitalize on the film craze? I believe if this could be done under $200, it would sell like crazy.
+10 on these
09-26-2018, 08:36 AM   #120
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
Key point... offered. They no longer offer.
"still without"?

And they are still offering:

http://store.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/c/c11162703/