Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2018, 02:41 PM   #271

Photos: Albums
OMG!!!! I did not mean to post this, this picture just jumped right out of my computer and landed here in the forums, I need to get my system checked so it doesn't happen again

Just kiddin around, I actually took this pic with one of the 5 best point and shoot cameras...………...my Ricoh GRRRRRRR

Attached Images

09-29-2018, 02:41 PM - 3 Likes   #272
Veteran Member

Can we close this thread? Please?
09-29-2018, 03:12 PM   #273

QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote

Would you like to take a moment to talk about the Ricoh GR?
09-29-2018, 03:24 PM   #274
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
@Adam; please close this!!

Last edited by reh321; 09-29-2018 at 03:46 PM.
09-29-2018, 03:36 PM   #275

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
@Adam; please close this!!
You have posted on this thread since day one and now that I speak up you want it closed?

Go to your safe space, the microaggressions are getting the better of you sir
09-29-2018, 03:45 PM   #276
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by alcstudios Quote
You have posted on this thread since day one and now that I speak up you want it closed?

Go to your safe space, the microaggressions are getting the better of you sir
I'm sorry you feel my post was aimed at you; it was agreeing with what 6BQ5 had posted - I didn't even notice your post.
The purpose of this thread has been outlived.
@Adam; should close threads like this as soon as the interview is complete.
There are already at least two threads for people who want to talk about the GRRRR.

BTW - but I was glad to see you show that others classify the GR as a point-and-shoot.
09-29-2018, 03:57 PM   #277
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ohhh, "PREMIUM COMPACT" and even a....get this... "HIGH END FIXED LENS CAMERA" You can church it up any way you want to...….it's a Point and Shoot.
Hey.......FYI every single camera made these days are "Point and Shoot" cameras. how the heck would they be anything else?? So whats all this CARPING about?

09-29-2018, 04:10 PM   #278

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Hey.......FYI every single camera made these days are "Point and Shoot" cameras. how the heck would they be anything else?? So whats all this CARPING about?

Don't you know Larry, I am the PFC<<Pentax Forum Carper

That's all I was ever able to do with any camera was point and shoot.....

I was on my way to Oak Hill mx here in Decatur this morning, I broke out the BIGMA, I almost had it mounted to the K3, I was going to POINT it at a rider and SHOOT him but we had heavy cloud cover and then the rains came, I immediately went into full sissy mode and headed home.

---------- Post added 09-29-18 at 04:17 PM ----------

I do miss having my 50-135 for shooting in bad conditions but those 3 out of warranty SDM repairs sealed its fate, I've been using the Sigma 70-200 so now I have to pack it up cause of no WR, I have really been eyeballin the DFA 70-200
09-29-2018, 05:33 PM   #279
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don't you know Larry, I am the PFC<<Pentax Forum Carper

That's all I was ever able to do with any camera was point and shoot.....

I was on my way to Oak Hill mx here in Decatur this morning, I broke out the BIGMA, I almost had it mounted to the K3, I was going to POINT it at a rider and SHOOT him but we had heavy cloud cover and then the rains came, I immediately went into full sissy mode and headed home.

---------- Post added 09-29-18 at 04:17 PM ----------

I do miss having my 50-135 for shooting in bad conditions but those 3 out of warranty SDM repairs sealed its fate, I've been using the Sigma 70-200 so now I have to pack it up cause of no WR, I have really been eyeballin the DFA 70-200
You should have grabbed your "Walmart Bag" before you left the house.......you must have not made it out of "Cub Scouts" Careful about the DFA 70-200 I hear Pentax is doomed......wait no that was last month,,,,,,,,,theyre just stupid now.
09-29-2018, 06:07 PM   #280
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Careful about the DFA 70-200
Absolutely, dont drop it on your foot!...Nothing will hurt the lens but its rugged enough to break toes.

I hear Pentax is doomed.
You must be the first!

---------- Post added 09-30-18 at 12:08 PM ----------

I broke out the BIGMA
Dont drop that on yr foot either!
09-30-2018, 03:48 AM   #281
Pentaxian

Can we start posting Questions for the CP+ 2019? 😋
09-30-2018, 04:18 AM   #282
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
We can just ask the same questions all over again. I've not seen anything pointing towards new Pentax camera's from this interview.
09-30-2018, 05:09 AM   #283
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
We can just ask the same questions all over again. I've not seen anything pointing towards new Pentax camera's from this interview.
Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?? Isn't that the definition of insanity?

Pentax will release the equipment when they think its ready. Nothing we say will change that. So we either stay the course or wander off in another direction. There is a thread about the same thing happening in 2016-2017 elsewhere on the PF site.
09-30-2018, 05:23 AM - 1 Like   #284
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Ya, we, really want to know what you don't see. Thanks for sharing. I don't see any sun today. I wonder if that means it's gone forever.
If everyone starts listing things they don't see, hey how about oxygen... there's my contribution...
09-30-2018, 05:49 AM - 4 Likes   #285
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How many years and years did Nikon shooters wait for the D500 to replace the D300s ? When Nikon gave them the D7000, the users squawked even more than some here when Ricoh/Pentax gave us the KP... and R/P don't have Nikons r&d budget or production faciities.

All things considered, with the availability of what we can buy on the street at the moment, and roadmap, the advanced amateur / hobbiest or landscape photog should be able to do just fine. If you are a pro sports pro sports photog, you have prolly moved on a long time ago and not part of the current user base. I don't see an issue here.

Vote with your dollars and your feet, but all this hand wringing about copying what other companies do as a must-have to survive just seems foolhardy. If R/P is happy with current profits and sales pace, and they will keep the camera division alive, I'll be happy enough. Meanwhile we may be watching all the lemmings go over a financial cliff while they fight among each other for early adopter dollars of people who have to be constantly on the buying cycle.

It is a hard call if you want/need new items... but I'm not sure it warrants the gloom and doom.